    Been through all control panel regions keyboard etc and havent a clue how to
    fix. Please put me out of my misery!

    TKS
    CaptT, Oct 23, 2008

  2. CaptT

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:16:25 +0100, CaptT wrote:

    > Had to factory reset my dell and when configuring keyboard (prompt by
    > dell) somehow selected wrong item. Now amongst some things pound sign
    > show as # at sign shows as" and " shows as @.
    >
    > Been through all control panel regions keyboard etc and havent a clue
    > how to fix. Please put me out of my misery!
    >
    > TKS

    Control Panel>Keyboard (or however you get there in Windoze. You have
    your keyboard is set to type in Americanese when you need it to be set to
    English.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Oct 23, 2008

  3. CaptT

    CaptT Guest

    yes I have beeen there but there is no option to select a different keyboard
    just says HID Keboard device????

    CaptT, Oct 23, 2008
  4. CaptT

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:15:06 +0100, CaptT wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:16:25 +0100, CaptT wrote:
    >>
    >>> Had to factory reset my dell and when configuring keyboard (prompt by
    >>> dell) somehow selected wrong item. Now amongst some things pound sign
    >>> show as # at sign shows as" and " shows as @.
    >>>
    >>> Been through all control panel regions keyboard etc and havent a clue
    >>> how to fix. Please put me out of my misery!
    >>>
    >>> TKS

    >> Control Panel>Keyboard (or however you get there in Windoze. You have
    >> your keyboard is set to type in Americanese when you need it to be set
    >> to English.
    >>

    > yes I have been there but there is no option to select a different
    > keyboard just says HID Keyboard device????

    Don't top-post. Also, cut sigs from previous posts before replying. Or
    get a proper newsreader.

    Your answer is on the following page:

    <http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html>

    Lazy fucker. You could have googled that just as easily as I did. Took me
    less than a fucking minute.

    Aardvark, Oct 23, 2008
  5. CaptT wrote:

    > yes I have beeen there but there is no option to select a different
    > keyboard just says HID Keboard device????

    Not device manager, Regional Settings. Check the buttons.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 24, 2008
  6. CaptT

    CaptT Guest

    Not sure what a top post is..but anyway thanks,apart from the unnecessary
    insult , got there in the end.
    Peace be with you

    CaptT, Oct 24, 2008
  7. CaptT wrote:

    > Not sure what a top post is..

    This should explain it:

    open the front cover and begin reading there?
    the back cover and end up at the front or do you
    chapter one or do you start somewhere near
    When reading a book, do you start at

    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside

    You begin trimming from the top of your reply, then post your comments
    inline .. below the point(s) you are replying to. Standard Usenet
    netiquette.

    This following fact is not an insult to you, but it's a fact that nearly
    every top-poster uses Microsoft Outlook Express as a newsreader.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 24, 2008
  8. CaptT

    workman Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > CaptT wrote:
    >
    >> Not sure what a top post is..

    > This should explain it:
    >
    > open the front cover and begin reading there?

    Every time I buy a book, yes.

    > the back cover and end up at the front or do you
    > chapter one or do you start somewhere near
    > When reading a book, do you start at

    Wow. That was completley incoherent.

    > http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside
    >
    > You begin trimming from the top of your reply, then post your comments
    > inline .. below the point(s) you are replying to. Standard Usenet
    > netiquette.
    >
    > This following fact is not an insult to you, but it's a fact that
    > nearly every top-poster uses Microsoft Outlook Express as a
    > newsreader.

    What following fact?

    Looks to me as though it's not just OE users who have problems. :)
    workman, Oct 24, 2008
  9. CaptT

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:51:28 -0400, workman wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> CaptT wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not sure what a top post is..

    >> This should explain it:
    >>
    >> open the front cover and begin reading there?

    > Every time I buy a book, yes.
    >
    >> the back cover and end up at the front or do you chapter one or do you
    >> start somewhere near When reading a book, do you start at

    > Wow. That was completley incoherent.
    >
    >> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside
    >>
    >> You begin trimming from the top of your reply, then post your comments
    >> inline .. below the point(s) you are replying to. Standard Usenet
    >> netiquette.
    >>
    >> This following fact is not an insult to you, but it's a fact that
    >> nearly every top-poster uses Microsoft Outlook Express as a newsreader.

    > What following fact?
    >
    > Looks to me as though it's not just OE users who have problems. :)

    You seem to be about as bright as a three-watt lightbulb.

    Aardvark, Oct 24, 2008
  10. workman wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> CaptT wrote:
    >>> Not sure what a top post is..

    >> This should explain it:
    >>
    >> open the front cover and begin reading there?

    > Every time I buy a book, yes.
    >
    >> the back cover and end up at the front or do you
    >> chapter one or do you start somewhere near
    >> When reading a book, do you start at

    > Wow. That was completley incoherent.

    By jove, I think you've got it!

    > Looks to me as though it's not just OE users who have problems. :)

    Ok, I'll give you that one. We cant forget Google Groupers....

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 24, 2008
  11. CaptT

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:44:43 +0100, "CaptT" <> wrote:

    >Not sure what a top post is..but anyway thanks,apart from the unnecessary
    >insult , got there in the end.

    Definitions:
    Top-posting: Writing the message above the original text, when one replies to an email or a post in
    a newsgroup.
    Bottom-posting: The opposite of top-posting. Now the new message is placed below the original text.

    See: http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting

    >Peace be with you

    Can you guarantee that?

    >"Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:15:06 +0100, CaptT wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> yes I have been there but there is no option to select a different
    >>> keyboard just says HID Keyboard device????
    >>>

    >> Don't top-post. Also, cut sigs from previous posts before replying. Or
    >> get a proper newsreader.
    >>
    >> Your answer is on the following page:
    >>
    >> <http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html>
    >>
    >> Lazy fucker. You could have googled that just as easily as I did. Took me
    >> less than a fucking minute.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    >> http://www.liverpool08.com

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Oct 26, 2008
  12. CaptT

    Guest

    Barry OGrady <> wrote:

    >Barry
    >=====
    >Home page
    >http://members.iinet.net.auREMOVE/~barry.og

    The above link will install malware to the unknowing.
    Contact and complain

    "Last night, I got the popup, and clicking anywhere in the window
    caused another page to load with an animation pretending to run a
    scan, which of course found several infected files in the registry and
    c: drive (on a Linux box, no less!). Another popup followed, asking if
    I wanted to remove the "threats", but of course clicking anywhere
    simply initiated download of av2009.exe.

    All this was merely interesting to a guy like me using Opera on Linux,
    but I was able to show this behavior to my wife as illustration of how
    people get infected with this bug."

    Contact and complain

    --

    Fail