    be possible for a novice to successful share files and printers?
    --
    Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jan 8, 2005

  2. "Mark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can a novice with no knowledge of DHCP's, IP addresses, etc. set-up a home
    > network to share files and printers? I recently purchased a wireless
    > laptop
    > and a router. My original desktop computer is wired to the router and the
    > laptop is functioning properly by wireless. Both computers are using XP
    > and
    > can access the internet with no problem. I have gone thru all the network
    > connections wizards on both computers and I have given permissions to
    > share
    > on both computers. Yet the laptop does not find any network printers or
    > computers when I try to add printers. It is unclear to me if I may have
    > skipped a step when setting up the router of indentifying IP addresses or
    > some other needed identification. On the surface, simply following the
    > set-up
    > wizards seems easy. It just doesn't work.The deeper I research the
    > problem,
    > the more technical the information becomes. So what am i missing, should
    > it
    > be possible for a novice to successful share files and printers?
    > --
    > Mark

    The short answer is 'Yes'. Have you tried searching Google for advice on
    network configuration?
    There is a considerable volume of advice there.

    Edward W. Thompson, Jan 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    But you've already answered your own question.
    You tried the wizards, they failed, you are at your wits end.
    Now it's time to stop self-cure and call for a doctor.
    --PA

    Pavel A., Jan 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

    mikeFNB Guest