    Thanks. (See attached jpg).
    Handyman.

    Attached Files:

    HandyMan, Jun 18, 2007

  2. HandyMan

    bendsley

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Messages:
    9
    Why are you using multiple routers for this? You're hopping subnets is the issue it seems to me.

    Why not go from ISP modem, directly into router A and then from Router A into the switch? Do you have need for router B at all?

    bendsley, Jun 20, 2007

  3. HandyMan

    HandyMan

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Ottawa
    The reason I'm going from the Linksys router/switch unit is because there is other equipment connected to the other interfaces on that device and I need as little impact as possible, at least initially.
    Also the 2620 routers have one fixed ethernet port and one serial module each, so if ethernet is going in and out, I need to connect the two together serially. Bear in mind that this is more of a training exercise than a practical solution. I think the issue might be in the way I have set up routes in the routers, but not sure, as it seems it should work. On each router I did this:
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ipaddress
    where ipaddress is the serial interface IP on the other router. Perhaps that's where I'm slipping up, because when I do a traceroute I get looping between the serial IP addresses (ie, the traceroute output continuously alternates between one serial IP and the other).

    HandyMan, Jun 20, 2007