    address in user format?

    am I missing a fundamental?

    any other comments on the router would be welcome

    Paul, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Paul

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Hi I am thinking of obtaining a Vigor2100vg to connect to NTL cable
    > I understand it has a voip / sip port , so a normal phone plugs in,
    > ( so can be online with computer off)
    >
    > the normal phone only has a number pad, so how does one call a sip
    > address in user format?
    >
    > am I missing a fundamental?

    Yes. You call a SIP number by the number if it is on the same network as
    you, or with the relevant access code if it is on another VoIP network.

    For example one of my Sipgate numbers is in the form 314xxxx - from
    Sipgate you would dial just that. From another VoIP supplier with a link
    agreement to Sipgate, such as Gradwell, you would dial the relevant access
    code (***777 in this instance) followed by the SIP number.

    From a normal phone line you would dial the full geographic number. This
    particular number has a Birmingham 0121 prefix so you would dial 0121 314
    xxxx.

    > any other comments on the router would be welcome

    I don't know it but I'm sure someone will be along shortly..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Paul

    Martin² Guest

    Draytek Vigor routers are recognised for quality and reliability, but as
    they are 'office class' kit they aren't cheap.
    Mine hasn't missed a bit in 2 years.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Apr 26, 2005