    me in the right direction? I thought if I set a network key for the adapter,
    it stayed the same no matter what network I connect to.

    Thanks for your help!

    =?Utf-8?B?Ymc=?=, Apr 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Ymc=?=

    BobC Guest

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:06:01 -0700, bg wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Someone said this is possible but I am not so sure. I do accounting for
    > several small business clients and I take my laptop along which has a built
    > in wireless adapter. I use it at home with a WEP key on my wireless network.
    > There are several clients I see that have wireless capabilities with their
    > broadband but they also have a network key. Someone said instead of always
    > having to switch WEP keys to be able to connect, that you can set up several
    > user profiles for network settings? If this is possible, can someone point
    > me in the right direction? I thought if I set a network key for the adapter,
    > it stayed the same no matter what network I connect to.
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    My IBM ThinkPad with its wireless management software allows me to
    configure multiple wireless location profiles. If I'm at home I select my
    home profile. If I'm at the airport I select that profile. At a client's I
    select that profile. Each has a separate WEP Key. It's as easy as pressing
    "Function > F5 > click on the wanted profile from my profile list". Start
    using the selected profile.

    BobC, Apr 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Ymc=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be one of these can help
    NetSwitcher - http://www.netswitcher.com
    MultiNetwork Manager - http://www.globesoft.com/mnm_home.html
    Mobile Net Switch - http://www.mobilenetswitch.com
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Apr 18, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Ymc=?=

    DLink Guru Guest

    You dont need any thirdparty management software to do this. All you need to
    do is setup a profile for any or all networks you connect to and when you
    are in range of that network it will connect.

    Double click on your wireless connection icon in the system tray and choose
    the properties button. Then choose the WIreless networks tab and under the
    prefered networks section create a new profile for every network you want.
    You can setup the WEp for each network in the profile also.

    Robert....

    DLink Guru, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Ok,
    thank you! Thank helps tremendously. I guess I didn't think of it because
    when I am home I don't get the option to log on anywhere else. I'll try that!

    =?Utf-8?B?Ymc=?=, Apr 18, 2005