    I'm looking for a version of BASIC that will run in Windows and is
    available as a free download.
    ....Art

    Turbo Art, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Turbo Art

    Isaac Guest

    (Turbo Art) wrote in news:6434bbdc.0407050415.4a313d80
    @posting.google.com:

    > I'm looking for a version of BASIC that will run in Windows and is
    > available as a free download.
    > ...Art

    Probably you already have it. Windows Scripting Host supports Visual Basic
    Script. You can found more information about WSH and download locations at
    www.robvanderwoude.com

    Isaac, Jul 5, 2004

  3. Turbo Art

    Me Guest

    Turbo Art wrote:

    > I'm looking for a version of BASIC that will run in Windows and is
    > available as a free download.

    "Free download" or free app? Try www.purebasic.com for a free download,
    but the app itself isn't free. Best version of BASIC I've seen.

    Me, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Turbo Art

    Rod Guest

    Try QBasic 4.5, it will run in a dos window. Also, Dark Basic as well.

    Rod, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Turbo Art

    ProfGene Guest

    Older versions of Windows always came with a free Basic program I think
    called Qbasic but there are numerous versions of Basic that can be found all
    over the internet including TBasic and many others. There are even free
    compilers. I even found an early version of Visual Basic, Visual Basci 3,
    that was not only free but it compiled Qbasic files. But to use Qbasic you
    need to be able to have a DOS window. I never tried it on XP only up to
    Win98.

    ProfGene, Jul 5, 2004

  6. > I'm looking for a version of BASIC that will run in Windows and is
    > available as a free download.
    > ...Art

    XBASIC
    http://www.maxreason.com/software/xbasic/xbasic.html

    FORT Freeware: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    The future is our past and our past is our future.

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 6, 2004