    Or does this indicate something else that I need to be aware of?

    Thanks
    Brian Tozer
    Brian Tozer, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Brian Tozer

    Peter Guest

    Brian Tozer wrote:
    > I have an existing Excel 2002 worksheet which has 15 rows of good stuff,
    > followed by an immense amount of nothing visible, but there is a very thin
    > vertical scrollbar which seems to be due to it thinking that there is tons
    > more stuff after the good stuff.
    > A Save of the worksheet is about 4 megs.
    > How can I get rid of everything/anything below the desired 15 rows so that
    > I do not have a vertical scrollbar?

    It is a fault that's been in Excel for years.
    You can find where Excel thinks is the end of working space by hitting END
    then HOME.
    To fix, you can
    (a) delete all the empty rows and columns between your good stuff and the
    end cell (ie select the rows, edit > delete and / or select columns, edit
    > delete), then save the spreadsheet. You have to restart Excel and /or

    Windows for this change to take effect.
    or
    (b) copy your good stuff to a new worksheet (in the same spreadsheet file)
    and delete the old sheet. This is quick but you lose some formating (page
    setup, column width, etc).

    HTH

    Peter
    Peter, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Brian Tozer

    JJD Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 01:56:12 +1300, "Brian Tozer" <>
    wrote:

    >Excel newbie query. Be gentle.
    >I have an existing Excel 2002 worksheet which has 15 rows of good stuff,
    >followed by an immense amount of nothing visible, but there is a very thin
    >vertical scrollbar which seems to be due to it thinking that there is tons
    >more stuff after the good stuff.
    >A Save of the worksheet is about 4 megs.
    >How can I get rid of everything/anything below the desired 15 rows so that I
    >do not have a vertical scrollbar?
    >
    >Or does this indicate something else that I need to be aware of?

    Look at the bottom of the screen and you might see tabs for other
    sheets. If so, click a tab and review what's there.

    If there's lots of other stuff that you don't want you could just
    select all the cells you would like to keep (it's usually easiest to
    start at the bottom right of what you want to select and move towards
    the A1 cell - this saves over-shooting) and Edit/Copy them, then open
    a new session and Edit/Paste the selection, which you can now save
    with a different name.

    JJD
    JJD, Dec 3, 2003