    i am running windows 98 - in the dark ages i'm afraid!!

    thanks

    rm
    Robert Marshall, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Robert Marshall

    samuel Guest

    "Robert Marshall" <> wrote in
    news:4r6jd.2491$:

    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone show me a good website where i can learn how to do
    > basic computer maintenance myself to speed up the computer?
    >
    > i am running windows 98 - in the dark ages i'm afraid!!
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > rm

    look for messages from °Mike°
    see his sig

    google.com has many too
    samuel, Nov 6, 2004

  3. could only find 1 message from mike.

    please help.

    google was not much help.

    thanks

    rm

    Robert Marshall, Nov 6, 2004
  4. Robert Marshall

    Bri. Guest

    This is °Mike°'s sig

    Basic computer maintenance

    In news:Zu6jd.2511$,
    Robert Marshall typed...

    Bri., Nov 6, 2004
  5. Robert Marshall

    samuel Guest

    "Robert Marshall" <> wrote in

    > could only find 1 message from mike.
    >
    > please help.
    >
    > google was not much help.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > rm

    quoted from his sig..

    samuel, Nov 6, 2004
  6. Robert Marshall

    Mellowed Guest

    Try this. http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    Mellowed, Nov 6, 2004
  7. Robert Marshall

    samuel Guest

    samuel, Nov 6, 2004
  8. Robert Marshall

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > could only find 1 message from mike.
    >
    > please help.
    >
    > google was not much help.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > rm
    > "samuel" <> wrote in message
    >> "Robert Marshall" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone show me a good website where i can learn how to do
    >> > basic computer maintenance myself to speed up the computer?
    >> >
    >> > i am running windows 98 - in the dark ages i'm afraid!!
    >> >
    >> > thanks
    >> >
    >> > rm

    >> look for messages from °Mike°
    >> see his sig
    >>
    >> google.com has many too

    chkdsk /r
    defrag
    ad-aware
    zonealarm
    ghost
    secondary drive
    barts PE cd

    that should be all you need to keep your system healthy

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Nov 6, 2004
  9. Robert Marshall

    Sano Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:08:52 GMT, 127.0.0.1 wrote:

    > chkdsk /r
    > defrag
    > ad-aware
    > zonealarm
    > ghost
    > secondary drive
    > barts PE cd
    >
    > that should be all you need to keep your system healthy
    >
    > -a|ex

    Thanks. Here's US$200.
    Sano, Nov 7, 2004
  10. On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:08:52 GMT, "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost>
    wrote:

    >"Robert Marshall" <> wrote in message
    >> could only find 1 message from mike.
    >>
    >> please help.
    >>
    >> google was not much help.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> rm
    >> "samuel" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Robert Marshall" <> wrote in

    >>> look for messages from °Mike°
    >>> see his sig
    >>>
    >>> google.com has many too

    >chkdsk /r
    >defrag
    >ad-aware
    >zonealarm
    >ghost
    >secondary drive
    >barts PE cd
    >
    >that should be all you need to keep your system healthy
    >
    >-a|ex

    No AVP?
    Edward W. Thompson, Nov 7, 2004
  11. Robert Marshall

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Edward W. Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:08:52 GMT, "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Robert Marshall" <> wrote in message
    >>> could only find 1 message from mike.
    >>>
    >>> please help.
    >>>
    >>> google was not much help.
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>>
    >>> rm
    >>> "samuel" <> wrote in message

    >>chkdsk /r
    >>defrag
    >>ad-aware
    >>zonealarm
    >>ghost
    >>secondary drive
    >>barts PE cd
    >>
    >>that should be all you need to keep your system healthy
    >>
    >>-a|ex
    >>

    > No AVP?

    when i had win98, i never used AV because it caused more problems than the
    virus itself.
    newer machines should have no problems running AV.

    when i suspect infection, an image restore was much cleaner and quicker than
    virus removal itself.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Nov 7, 2004