    Should I have done all 3 partitions??

    If so, maybe I'll do a new total full B/U.

    Mel
    MZB, Apr 6, 2007

  2. MZB

    MZB Guest

    I don't know what's on the partitions. I assume it may be another copy of XP
    or????? The laptop came this way

    Mel

    MZB, Apr 7, 2007

  3. MZB

    PeeCee Guest

    "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >I have an Inspiron 2200 and recently got Acronis True Image B/U.
    >
    > I am backing up to an external WD hard drive.
    >
    > I did my first full backup on 12/21/06 and just did an incremental B/U
    > today.
    >
    > However, the default was to B/U only the C partition (NTFS--34 gb). There
    > are 2 other smaller partitions (FAT 16 and FAT 32-- 47 MB and 3 GB
    > respectively).
    >
    > But those last 2 partitions did not have checkmarks and I didn't add any.
    > So, the default was the one partition.
    >
    > Should I have done all 3 partitions??
    >
    > If so, maybe I'll do a new total full B/U.
    >
    > Mel

    Mel

    Backup: "To copy files to a second medium (a disk or tape) as a precaution
    in case the first medium fails."

    Which files to backup is entirely up to you.

    Like a lot of things in life; to do something you need to know what to do
    and what objects you want to do it to.

    You have covered the first part (I want to back my files up)

    The second (the objects or in this context your files) depends entirely what
    you want to be able to recover should you have a media failure.
    Instead of asking what is on the two second partitions, may I suggest you
    should be asking where is the data that is important to you.
    If the location of some of that data is on the second/third partition then
    back it up.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Apr 7, 2007
  4. MZB

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Apr 7, 2007
  5. MZB

    Star@*.* Guest

    wrote:

    >I have an Inspiron 2200 and recently got Acronis True Image B/U.
    >
    >I am backing up to an external WD hard drive.
    >
    >I did my first full backup on 12/21/06 and just did an incremental B/U
    >today.
    >
    >However, the default was to B/U only the C partition (NTFS--34 gb). There
    >are 2 other smaller partitions (FAT 16 and FAT 32-- 47 MB and 3 GB
    >respectively).
    >
    >But those last 2 partitions did not have checkmarks and I didn't add any.
    >So, the default was the one partition.
    >
    >Should I have done all 3 partitions??
    >
    >If so, maybe I'll do a new total full B/U.
    >
    >Mel

    Up to you.
    The FAT 16 @ 47MB is the Dell Diagnostics. The FAT 32 @ 3 GB is a
    image of your computer as installed at purchase.

    Art
    Star@*.*, Apr 7, 2007