basic 515e question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tps, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. tps

    tps Guest

    Ok, I'm stumped. I got a new 515e and I'm trying to get into the web
    interface but for some unknown reason it won't let me. I have no
    idea why

    I'm on the inside interface have an ip of 192.168.1.2. I can ping the
    pix @ 192.168.1.1 and I can ping .2 from the pix.

    show http gives

    http server enabled
    192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside

    no reponse with an https://192.168.1.1

    Can someone please tell me why. running 6.3(4)

    thanks.

    tps, Jan 12, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    tps <> wrote:
    :Ok, I'm stumped. I got a new 515e and I'm trying to get into the web
    :interface but for some unknown reason it won't let me. I have no
    :idea why

    :I'm on the inside interface have an ip of 192.168.1.2. I can ping the
    :pix @ 192.168.1.1 and I can ping .2 from the pix.

    :show http gives

    :http server enabled
    :192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside

    :no reponse with an https://192.168.1.1

    :Can someone please tell me why. running 6.3(4)

    You might need to add

    pdm location 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside

    but generally the pdm itself adds those statements in.

    I suggest that you show version and look at the first two
    lines of output. It should look like:

    Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(4)
    Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(1)

    If the second line isn't there then pdm has not been installed
    on the device. Also, try show flashfs . On my system that shows
    files numbered from 0 thru 5. I believe that the pdm is stored
    as file 3 with length 3126944 for version 3.0(1)
    --
    "WHEN QUINED, YIELDS A TORTOISE'S LOVE-SONG"
    WHEN QUINED, YIELDS A TORTOISE'S LOVE-SONG. (GEB)

    Walter Roberson, Jan 12, 2005

  3. tps

    tps Guest

    Thanks for the quick reply. Still no go on this.

    I add the pdm location. no go

    show ver lists pdm ver 3.0(2)

    I recopied the pdm over just in case, still no go. I'm really stumped
    on this. Any other ideas?

    tps, Jan 13, 2005
  4. tps

    Guest

    Try adding:

    http 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.255 inside

    And then save your config. I would assume since the sh http is listing
    the whole class C that it should pick up your IP. You might want to
    give this a shot anyway.

    Cheers,
    Spencer

    , Jan 14, 2005
  5. tps

    tps Guest

    thanks. I actually figured it out. the des/3des wasn't enabled.
    Needed to get the proper activation key. I swore des was enabled out
    of the box. Without it you can't open an https connection.

    tps, Jan 14, 2005