BARTPE ISO Creation Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zo, Mar 30, 2009.

  1. Zo

    Zo Guest

    Have XP Home Edition SP3

    OEM no XP Installation CD so I'm attempting to create one using the
    i386 folder

    In attempting to create a Bootable Windows XP Setup CD, BartPE will not
    create an ISO file because of the following two error messages:

    Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\WINDOWS\I386\README.TXT" to
    "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\PENETCFG.TXT" 2: The system
    cannot find the file specified.

    Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\WINDOWS\I386\LICENSE.TXT" to
    "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\PENETCFG.LIC" 2: The system
    cannot find the file specified.

    It appears to be looking for a README.TXT file and LICENSE.TXT file.

    Can anyone enlighten me as to where these files can be found? or how
    can I get around it?

    New at attempting to do this, so any help is greatly appreciated. tia

    Zo

    --
    Zo
    This is a Tag line Virus::::::Go ahead, copy me.

    Zo, Mar 30, 2009

  2. Zo

    Mike Easter Guest

    Zo wrote:
    > Have XP Home Edition SP3
    >
    > OEM no XP Installation CD so I'm attempting to create one using the
    > i386 folder

    snippage from a bart's faq^1:
    // When I boot I get the error: "The file iaStor.sys could not be found.
    Press any key to continue". - When you have created BartPE using an
    Windows XP OEM CD (for example from Dell) you can have boot problems. To
    fix this the driver files must be copied manually. Easiest way to do this
    is by adding the Fix Dell XP plugin.
    (other Windows XP OEM CDs can have the same problem).//

    ^1 http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/faq/ Bart's Preinstalled Environment
    (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD - Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2009

  3. Zo

    Zo Guest

    Mike Easter has brought this to us :
    > Zo wrote:
    >> Have XP Home Edition SP3
    >>
    >> OEM no XP Installation CD so I'm attempting to create one using the
    >> i386 folder

    > snippage from a bart's faq^1:
    > // When I boot I get the error: "The file iaStor.sys could not be found.
    > Press any key to continue". - When you have created BartPE using an
    > Windows XP OEM CD (for example from Dell) you can have boot problems. To
    > fix this the driver files must be copied manually. Easiest way to do this
    > is by adding the Fix Dell XP plugin.
    > (other Windows XP OEM CDs can have the same problem).//
    >
    > ^1 http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/faq/ Bart's Preinstalled Environment
    > (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD - Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

    Thanks for the reply Mike, unfortuntely this didn't address my problem.
    I found a better solution by using NLite.

    --
    Zo
    Shhhhhhh; the secrets of the Internet are at .....^*& %*$^^^^^^^^^ NO

    Zo, Apr 1, 2009