    I would like to bar the premium nos which dialler can dial out.

    I want to know whether my isp should do it or the telephone company?

    I appreciate for your replies inadvance.

    Amir, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Amir

    HF Guest

    Telephone company of course.It has nothing to do with your ISP Read your
    phone book.
    "Amir" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I would like to bar the premium nos which dialler can dial out.
    >
    > I want to know whether my isp should do it or the telephone company?
    >
    > I appreciate for your replies inadvance.

    ---

    HF, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Amir

    Pepperoni Guest

    It sounds like you have a malware dialer. Those things will run your bill
    up hundreds of dollars. You should remove the darned thing. Switch your
    phone service to "no long distance/ no third party calls" immediately.(have
    them check your bill and block those calls, if possible) Run your anti
    virus , ad aware, and anything else you can think of. You are probably
    calling Vanuaatu (or some other strange place) for about $9.99 per minute
    every time you start your computer.

    Your phone company will bill you for them unless you complain LOUDLY.

    Stay off the porn sites, that's where you get those things. Some are also
    hidden in pop-up windows.

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Jul 3, 2004