    on my macro shots...is there some software that is good at correcting
    this?

    Ersalan Rahman
    Ersalan Rahman, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Ersalan Rahman

    Rutger Guest

    "Ersalan Rahman" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    >I have a Sony DSC-H1 and seem to have quite a bit of barrel distortion
    > on my macro shots...is there some software that is good at correcting
    > this?
    >
    > Ersalan Rahman

    Tried photoshop? Even older versions can do that.

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/
    Rutger, Aug 7, 2006

  3. Ersalan Rahman

    Mike Guest

    PT lens: http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

    Mike, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Ersalan Rahman

    bmoag Guest

    Be very careful about relying on canned correction profiles in programs like
    DxO and the PT plug-in. They can overdo it. However they can be helpful in
    identifying aspects of the distortion you might want to manually tweak in
    Photoshop.
    bmoag, Aug 8, 2006
  5. thx guys...i guess i'll have to learn how to use photoshop :)

    Ersalan Rahman, Aug 8, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a Sony DSC-H1 and seem to have quite a bit of barrel distortion
    > on my macro shots...is there some software that is good at correcting
    > this?
    >
    > Ersalan Rahman

    Panorama tools, it's free but you will have to figure out
    the right settings for your lens. There are a couple of
    front end progams available that make this easier.
    A search will reveal all.
    --
    Robert D Feinman
    http://robertdfeinman.com
    Robert Feinman, Aug 8, 2006
  7. Thanks :)

    Ersalan Rahman, Aug 10, 2006
  8. Ersalan Rahman

    Bigma Guest

    "Ersalan Rahman" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Thanks :)
    >
    > Robert Feinman wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >> > I have a Sony DSC-H1 and seem to have quite a bit of barrel distortion
    >> > on my macro shots...is there some software that is good at correcting
    >> > this?
    >> >
    >> > Ersalan Rahman

    Have a look here.
    Very difficult to find, even with Google.
    So I put the link on my sebsite.

    Go here to learn about it:
    http://www.uni-koeln.de/~al001/radcor.html
    or to download:
    http://www.uni-koeln.de/~al001/airdown.html
    and choose RadCor.
    A fantastic software.

    Maybe you'll have to fine tune using trial and error, if your camera is not
    listed.

    Mike
    Bigma, Aug 10, 2006
  9. thx mike :)