    attendance side of it to work and for it to not cost a fortune as were still
    in the early stages.

    Dave
    David Day, Dec 19, 2006

  2. David Day

    Null Guest

    David Day wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My boss has asked me to source some barcode software. I work for a gym, and
    > he wants to use a barcode on the membership cards, so that he can record how
    > often and when people come. He also wants it to display on screen a basic
    > in/out board, together with when their membership expires, and if possible
    > their picture. Any ideas what software does this? I have sorted out the
    > barcode scanner and the software to make the cards, I just need the
    > attendance side of it to work and for it to not cost a fortune as were still
    > in the early stages.
    >
    > Dave

    google software barcode "fitness club"

    ~10,000 hits
    Null, Dec 20, 2006

  3. David Day

    Rick Merrill Guest

    David Day wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My boss has asked me to source some barcode software. I work for a gym, and
    > he wants to use a barcode on the membership cards, so that he can record how
    > often and when people come. He also wants it to display on screen a basic
    > in/out board, together with when their membership expires, and if possible
    > their picture. Any ideas what software does this? I have sorted out the
    > barcode scanner and the software to make the cards, I just need the
    > attendance side of it to work and for it to not cost a fortune as were still
    > in the early stages.
    >
    > Dave

    I did barcodes for computer printers once. Today you can use MS Word!
    That means you can print on sticky labels or almost anything.
    Rick Merrill, Dec 20, 2006
  4. David Day

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > David Day wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My boss has asked me to source some barcode software. I work for a
    >> gym, and he wants to use a barcode on the membership cards, so that he
    >> can record how often and when people come. He also wants it to display
    >> on screen a basic in/out board, together with when their membership
    >> expires, and if possible their picture. Any ideas what software does
    >> this? I have sorted out the barcode scanner and the software to make
    >> the cards, I just need the attendance side of it to work and for it to
    >> not cost a fortune as were still in the early stages.
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    > I did barcodes for computer printers once. Today you can use MS Word!
    > That means you can print on sticky labels or almost anything.

    Microsoft Word only works for envelope ZIP code barcodes.
    AnonyMouse, Dec 20, 2006
  5. David Day

    J-McC Guest

    Most barcode readers/scanners have what is called a "keyboard wedge"
    version which is great because it simply converts the barcode into an
    ascii string and sends this information via the keyboard cable to the
    computer. The beauty of this is that no modifications to the software
    is needed, the database or excel, word and so on thinks the barcode
    data was typed in via the keyboard.
    All you have to do is unplug the keyboard and put the scanner in
    series with it, its that simple. In Australia such a setup costs from
    $aud100.00 upwards.
    Hope this info helps.
    J McC

    J-McC, Dec 20, 2006