    running and wating for data from the scanners. With the firewall turned on
    the scanners do not connect to the host pc. Any ideas would be helpful. I
    have tried to make exceptions in the firewall but no help yet.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2x1ZGxvdw==?=, Aug 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2x1ZGxvdw==?=

    Dave Guest

    i assume you are talking about the xp firewall and not something else. if
    your network is properly isolated from the internet then turn off the
    individual machine firewall, it is adding nothing to your security and
    causing your other apps to fail. the only time you should need that
    firewall is if the machine is exposed to some kind of threat that it is
    meant to protect it from.

    Dave, Aug 23, 2005