    Ryan Li (replace no.spam with vzero.com to email)

    VZero Digital Photography [ http://vzero.com ]
    Weird Things In Video Games [ http://weird.vzero.com ]
    Ryan Li, Aug 13, 2003

  2. Ryan Li

    Alan Browne Guest

    Ryan Li wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'd like to invite you to take a look at my redesigned web site, with many
    > new photos from my recent trip to Barcelona:
    >
    > http://vzero.com/
    >
    > Thanks for looking.
    > Ryan

    Nice images, too small.

    Redesign such that the images are only downloaded when clicked. For me
    no problem, but for somebody with a modem it will be painful.

    Alan./
    Alan Browne, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Ryan Li

    Ryan Li Guest

    Hi Julian,

    In article <>,
    Julian <email@withheld> wrote:
    > The 2nd Ballroom dancers photo looks well composed (but I wonder if if
    > was composed as well at the time).
    > The first one, has far too much empty space, not sure why youd include
    > it on your site

    I wanted to try something different with that one... emphasising the
    vastness of the square in which the performers and the spectators were
    interacting.

    > Unreachable sunrise is another great shot
    > Mask seller is a good shot

    > I also find the panorama of the late night fruit gallery superb. Did you
    > use a tripod for it?

    Thanks, handheld using 1/25s exposures I think with the 15mm end of the lens
    (24mm equiv). If you look carefully you will see that the right end of the
    panorama is a little softer than the left, because of handshake.

    Was great fun (if a bit of a pain) to stitch it all together in Photoshop
    though!

    > Comments for the layout of the site,
    > Include more technical details
    > I find the photo sizes excellent and but some of the large jpeg show too
    > much compression especially "Cousins at play".

    I'll look into that.

    > I like the SELECT GALLERY pulldown menu, its great not haveing to use
    > the back button on the browser

    Thanks for your comments.

    Ryan Li, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Ryan Li

    Pat Chaney Guest

    Pat Chaney, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Ryan Li

    JC Dill Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:41:43 +0800, "Julian" <email@withheld> wrote:

    >The 2nd Ballroom dancers photo

    The dancers are apparently doing Argentine Tango, which isn't really
    "ballroom". You might want to edit/correct your title to: Argentine
    Tango Dancers.

    jc
    JC Dill, Aug 14, 2003
  6. Ryan Li

    Ryan Li Guest

    In article <>,
    JC Dill <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:41:43 +0800, "Julian" <email@withheld> wrote:

    > >The 2nd Ballroom dancers photo

    > The dancers are apparently doing Argentine Tango, which isn't really
    > "ballroom". You might want to edit/correct your title to: Argentine
    > Tango Dancers.

    Ah, thanks :) I had a very brief flirtation with ballroom and latin last
    year, but had to give up due to photography, which explains why I couldn't
    tell the difference between them :p

    Ryan Li, Aug 16, 2003
  7. "Ryan Li" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Ah, thanks :) I had a very brief flirtation with ballroom and latin last
    > year, but had to give up due to photography, which explains why I couldn't
    > tell the difference between them :p

    Photography is the one with cameras, lenses, film and digital media.
    Ballroom dancing is the one with guys in dodgy sits and women in fancy
    frocks and WAY too much make-up

    ;^)
    Tony Parkinson, Aug 16, 2003