    I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site ? I have no
    idea. Thank You.

    ---

    Nowhere, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Nowhere

    Brian Guest

    "Nowhere" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:can5oj$6nn$...
    > I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site ? I have

    no
    > idea. Thank You.
    >

    > ---

    fireworks...photoshop...anything you like.. google a bit.. don't know which
    prog you want to use.... if its supposed to be animated or not.. do u just
    want a still pic? not a clue from your OP..
    Brian, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Nowhere

    DC Guest

    Nowhere wrote:
    > I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site ? I have no
    > idea. Thank You.

    http://www.gimp.org

    [snipped useless, broken AVG sig]

    The AVG sig serves NO purpose whatsoever, and does not comply with the
    'dash-dash-space' delimiter so that it gets automatically snipped by
    compliant news readers.

    http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/outerspace/netnews/son-of-1036.html#4.3.2

    Please open AVG and disable the sig completely. AVG can NOT certify
    anything of the sort, and if your system is clean, the signature is
    redundant anyway.

    Right click the AVG icon / E-mail scanner tab;
    Uncheck 'Certify Outgoing Messages'; and
    Apply / OK.

    Thanks.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...
    DC, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Nowhere

    Boomer Guest

    "Nowhere" <> wrote:

    > I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site
    > ? I have no idea. Thank You.

    [snip un-necessary/broken sig]

    Hi

    Did you try asking over at alt.html? Or searcg Google.com/

    I fould these quickly.

    Results 1 - 100 of about 3,200,000 English pages for how to make a
    banner for web site. (0.45 seconds)

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-
    8&q=how+to+make+a+banner+for+web+site&btnG=Google+Search

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?F20432298

    HTH
    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Nowhere

    DC Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > "Nowhere" <> wrote:

    >> I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site
    >> ? I have no idea. Thank You.

    > [snip un-necessary/broken sig]

    > Hi

    > Did you try asking over at alt.html?

    [...]

    Somehow, I don't think alt.html would be the right place to send him.

    Maybe one of these would be better? };O)

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.graphics.apps

    DC, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Nowhere

    Boomer Guest

    DC <> wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> "Nowhere" <> wrote:

    >>> I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web
    >>> site ? I have no idea. Thank You.

    >> [snip un-necessary/broken sig]

    >> Hi

    >> Did you try asking over at alt.html?

    > [...]
    >
    > Somehow, I don't think alt.html would be the right place to send
    > him.

    Better than -0-. ;) Plus that group 'might' help in the future for
    other stuff.

    > Maybe one of these would be better? };O)
    >
    > http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.grap
    > hics.apps

    Much better!

    Thanks, Mr. DC. :)
    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004
  7. Boomer wrote:

    > DC <> wrote:
    >

    >>Boomer wrote:

    >>>[snip un-necessary/broken sig]

    >>>Hi

    >>>Did you try asking over at alt.html?

    >>[...]
    >>
    >>Somehow, I don't think alt.html would be the right place to send
    >>him.

    > Better than -0-. ;) Plus that group 'might' help in the future for
    > other stuff.
    >

    >>Maybe one of these would be better? };O)
    >>
    >>http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.grap
    >>hics.apps

    > Much better!
    >
    > Thanks, Mr. DC. :)

    You have to add the code into the html to display it ;-) :p *eg*

    <piggyback>
    hello Paul - xxx
    </piggyback>
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 15, 2004
  8. Nowhere

    Boomer Guest

    Brian H¹© <> wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> DC <> wrote:

    >>>[...]
    >>>
    >>>Somehow, I don't think alt.html would be the right place to
    >>>send him.

    >> Better than -0-. ;) Plus that group 'might' help in the
    >> future for other stuff.
    >>

    >>>Maybe one of these would be better? };O)
    >>>
    >>>http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.gra
    >>>p hics.apps

    >> Much better!
    >>
    >> Thanks, Mr. DC. :)
    >>

    > You have to add the code into the html to display it ;-) :p
    > *eg*

    Thank you, Sir *EG* ;)

    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004
  9. Nowhere

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:48:28 +0100, "Nowhere" <>
    scribbled:

    >I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site ? I have no
    >idea. Thank You.

    First you'll need a sewing machine, some thread, cloth, needles and some
    bright spangly bits.....

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jun 15, 2004
  10. Nowhere

    DC Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > DC <> wrote:

    >> Boomer wrote:

    >>> [snip un-necessary/broken sig]

    >>> Hi

    >>> Did you try asking over at alt.html?

    >> [...]

    >> Somehow, I don't think alt.html would be the right place to send
    >> him.

    > Better than -0-. ;) Plus that group 'might' help in the future for
    > other stuff.

    True enuff.

    >> Maybe one of these would be better? };O)

    >> http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.grap
    >> hics.apps

    > Much better!

    > Thanks, Mr. DC. :)

    I exit but to swerve. };O)

    DC, Jun 15, 2004
  11. Nowhere

    Boomer Guest

    DC <> wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> DC <> wrote:

    >>> [...]

    >>> Somehow, I don't think alt.html would be the right place to
    >>> send him.

    >> Better than -0-. ;) Plus that group 'might' help in the
    >> future for other stuff.

    > True enuff.
    >

    >>> Maybe one of these would be better? };O)

    >>> http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.gr
    >>> ap hics.apps

    >> Much better!

    >> Thanks, Mr. DC. :)

    > I exit but to swerve. };O)

    Cute exit. And really nice swerve. ;o)
    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004
  12. Nowhere

    Boomer Guest

    -= Hawk =- <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:48:28 +0100, "Nowhere"
    > <> scribbled:
    >
    >>I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site
    >>? I have no idea. Thank You.

    > First you'll need a sewing machine, some thread, cloth, needles
    > and some bright spangly bits.....

    Sewing machine? He just be able to do it with the basics: cloth,
    thread and a needle. No spangly bits. Hate that flashy stuff!
    Takes too much to load. ;)
    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004
  13. Boomer wrote:

    > Brian H¹© <> wrote:
    >

    >>Boomer wrote:

    >>>Better than -0-. ;) Plus that group 'might' help in the
    >>>future for other stuff.

    >>>Much better!
    >>>
    >>>Thanks, Mr. DC. :)
    >>>

    >>You have to add the code into the html to display it ;-) :p
    >>*eg*

    > Thank you, Sir *EG* ;)
    >

    >><piggyback>
    >>hello Paul - xxx
    >></piggyback>

    Oops, I meant DC not Paul, but never mind, they can sort it out amongst
    themselves.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 15, 2004
  14. Nowhere

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On 15 Jun 2004 17:17:04 GMT, Boomer <>
    scribbled:

    >-= Hawk =- <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:48:28 +0100, "Nowhere"
    >> <> scribbled:
    >>
    >>>I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site
    >>>? I have no idea. Thank You.

    >> First you'll need a sewing machine, some thread, cloth, needles
    >> and some bright spangly bits.....

    >Sewing machine? He just be able to do it with the basics: cloth,
    >thread and a needle. No spangly bits. Hate that flashy stuff!
    >Takes too much to load. ;)

    A banner's not a banner without the spangly bits.....

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jun 15, 2004
  15. Nowhere

    John Guest

    In article <can5oj$6nn$>, Nowhere
    <> wrote:

    > I know it sounds stupid. How do I make a banner for my web site ? I have no
    > idea. Thank You.
    >

    > ---

    You decide what size to make it and then build the image in any
    image-creation or image-editing program.
    There's nothing unusual going on -- these are just simple graphics.

    Unless, of course, you need to build one of those animated graphics,
    and then an animated GIF is what you want to use.

    One thing to consider -- you have to make it as small as possible. No
    one wants to load a banner that is 100 KB. You need to get it just
    below what you can tolerate in quality.
    John, Jun 15, 2004
  16. Nowhere

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:40:57 GMT, John <>
    scribbled:

    >No one wants to load a banner that is 100 KB.

    100K? If I blink I could miss several that size loading.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jun 15, 2004
  17. Nowhere

    Boomer Guest

    -= Hawk =- <> wrote:

    > On 15 Jun 2004 17:17:04 GMT, Boomer <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    >>-= Hawk =- <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:48:28 +0100, "Nowhere"
    >>> <> scribbled:

    >>> First you'll need a sewing machine, some thread, cloth, needles
    >>> and some bright spangly bits.....

    >>Sewing machine? He just be able to do it with the basics: cloth,
    >>thread and a needle. No spangly bits. Hate that flashy stuff!
    >>Takes too much to load. ;)

    > A banner's not a banner without the spangly bits.....

    I never did like banners!
    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004
  18. Boomer wrote:

    > -= Hawk =- <> wrote:
    >

    >>On 15 Jun 2004 17:17:04 GMT, Boomer <>
    >>scribbled:

    >>>Sewing machine? He just be able to do it with the basics: cloth,
    >>>thread and a needle. No spangly bits. Hate that flashy stuff!
    >>>Takes too much to load. ;)

    >>A banner's not a banner without the spangly bits.....

    > I never did like banners!

    They are nice with nuts, ice cream and sauce, mmmmm banner split.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 15, 2004
  19. Nowhere

    Boomer Guest

    Brian H¹© <> wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:

    [snip]
    >> I never did like banners!

    > They are nice with nuts, ice cream and sauce, mmmmm banner
    > split.

    And... CHOCOLATE syrup!!
    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004