    me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
    because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
    scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it?? Thanks

    Me, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Me

    °Mike° Guest

    I'm guessing you are talking about some sort of malware - your
    post was not very clear.

    Install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    On 2 Oct 2003 13:12:46 -0700, in
    <>
    Me scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 2, 2003

  3. We all know that °Mike° () screamed at the
    top of his lungs:
    > I'm guessing you are talking about some sort of malware - your
    > post was not very clear.
    >
    > Install and use:
    >
    > Spybot Search & Destroy
    > http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >
    > Ad-Aware
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > Spyware Blaster
    >

    > On 2 Oct 2003 13:12:46 -0700, in
    > <>
    > Me scrawled:
    >
    >> This little column appears when I get to the Google website. It gives
    >> me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
    >> because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
    >> scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it??
    >> Thanks

    Do you work for Microsoft, Mr. Mike? (nothing against you or anything)

    --
    Do the Dew - Dewman
    has been changed to

    DUH

    yellow submarine, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Me

    Richard Guest

    Me wrote:

    > This little column appears when I get to the Google website. It gives
    > me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
    > because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
    > scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it?? Thanks

    With IE open, ctrl+alt+del and see what other programs may be running.
    Most likely there is a reference in your registry where most of the IE add
    on stuff is kept.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    Most likely somewhere within the above key.

    If all else fails, reinstall or repair IE.

    Richard, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Me

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:46:53 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > Me wrote:
    >
    > > This little column appears when I get to the Google website. It gives
    >> me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
    >> because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
    >> scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it?? Thanks

    >With IE open, ctrl+alt+del and see what other programs may be running.
    >Most likely there is a reference in your registry where most of the IE add
    >on stuff is kept.

    A reference to what?

    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    >Most likely somewhere within the above key.

    What is most likely "somewhere within"? Do you realise that
    a complete novice might be tempted to delete things h/s knows
    nothing about, or even the entire key? Just quit giving your
    st00pid advice, Bullis.

    >If all else fails, reinstall or repair IE.

    If all else fails, do NOT take any notice of the usual bad advice
    from Richard the St00pid.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Me

    Me Guest

    Actually,this question given to me by my mother,who is not really that
    tech savvy at all.Does anyone know why this bar would be appearing ?
    Could she possibly have done something to initiate this ? Thanks

    Me, Oct 3, 2003
  7. Me

    °Mike° Guest

    I still don't understand your question. And please include some
    of the message that you are replying to.

    On 2 Oct 2003 21:10:32 -0700, in
    <>
    Me scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 3, 2003