banner sites and nzads.co.nz

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Whitmore, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Hi there

    I was looking around for a banner exchange and are using nzads.co.nz on my
    website.

    But I have a few problems.

    - There is a few ads which come up 98% of the time (Help Guides online and
    PaidSurveys ) with a very small splattering of others. This ad I presume
    links to the owners own website.
    - I have shown about 50000 ads in the last 2 weeks (I think I may be showing
    the largest number of ads for them) but they still have not put my ad up to
    show to others and I've had no response from them. even after 5 emails over
    this time.

    Does anyone have any alternative NZ banner exchange sites they know of which
    are any good.. I'm showing the ads like over 100000 impressions per month
    (and its getting bigger). (I'm already using google ads so I know all about
    those, and really want NZ Specific banners (show I show my ads within NZ as
    well. which my website is more specific to).

    (or if anyone wants to advertise on my site , let me know (please email me
    directly (http://www.nzdsl.co.nz))

    Please
    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Whitmore, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Craig Whitmore

    Shane Guest

    Craig Whitmore wrote:

    > Hi there

    > Please
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    Holy hell... how many hats do you have :)
    --
    Rule 6: There is no Rule 6.
    Shane, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Craig Whitmore

    Vista Guest

    I had a similar issue with them, as I had a really popular image website,
    and had hundreds of thousands of impressions, yet they only showed my ad a
    few times a day. They ended up terminating my account without any
    explaination. I think it is probably a one-man-band that runs it.
    Google ads seems to be the most professional system out there.

    Vista, Apr 7, 2006
  4. "Vista" <> wrote in message
    >I had a similar issue with them, as I had a really popular image website,
    >and had hundreds of thousands of impressions, yet they only showed my ad a
    >few times a day. They ended up terminating my account without any
    >explaination. I think it is probably a one-man-band that runs it.
    > Google ads seems to be the most professional system out there.
    >
    > "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote in message

    Yes Google ads works well. but it seems most people just put the google ads
    up the top and on the rigth ahnd side of their
    webpages (which I found doesn't work). As soon I put the ads within the
    content of the pages I started getting a large
    increase of clicks and has increased from about $2US/day -> $10US/day
    profit.

    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Whitmore, Apr 7, 2006
  5. "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > I was looking around for a banner exchange and are using nzads.co.nz on my
    > website.
    >
    > But I have a few problems.
    >
    > - There is a few ads which come up 98% of the time (Help Guides online and
    > PaidSurveys ) with a very small splattering of others. This ad I presume
    > links to the owners own website.
    > - I have shown about 50000 ads in the last 2 weeks (I think I may be
    > showing the largest number of ads for them) but they still have not put my
    > ad up to show to others and I've had no response from them. even after 5
    > emails over this time.
    >
    > Does anyone have any alternative NZ banner exchange sites they know of
    > which are any good.. I'm showing the ads like over 100000 impressions per
    > month (and its getting bigger). (I'm already using google ads so I know
    > all about those, and really want NZ Specific banners (show I show my ads
    > within NZ as well. which my website is more specific to).
    >
    > (or if anyone wants to advertise on my site , let me know (please email me
    > directly (http://www.nzdsl.co.nz))

    I've sent something to you in private.

    Actually if anyone knows of a banner (paid) network in NZ I'd like to know.
    I don't like the banner exchange networks, but I have no problem selling
    inventory - which I hae quite a few in NZ.

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,
    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Apr 7, 2006
  6. It's worth noting that Aardvark is offering "free advertising" for a
    little while until a new sponsor is found.

    If it's free, at least it's worth what you paid for it :)

    ------------
    http://Aardvark.co.nz -- NZ's longest-running blog,
    now in its 11th year of continuous publication
    Bruce Simpson, Apr 7, 2006
  7. Craig Whitmore

    Vista Guest

    "Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > It's worth noting that Aardvark is offering "free advertising" for a
    > little while until a new sponsor is found.
    >
    > If it's free, at least it's worth what you paid for it :)
    >
    > ------------
    > http://Aardvark.co.nz -- NZ's longest-running blog,
    > now in its 11th year of continuous publication

    I had noticed that, being semi regular long time reader. What happened to
    ihug, or did they just decide to discontinue it, as I would have thought
    that they would been getting quite a few hits through to their site.
    Vista, Apr 7, 2006
  8. On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:57:55 +1200, "Vista" <>
    wrote:

    >I had noticed that, being semi regular long time reader. What happened to
    >ihug, or did they just decide to discontinue it, as I would have thought
    >that they would been getting quite a few hits through to their site.

    They've been sponsoring Aardvark for four or five years. I think it's
    reasonable that they might want to try something else. Who knows,
    they may come back :)

    It's also a good opportunity to make some significant changes to
    Aardvark's format and range of content.

    Monday's edition will look quite different and appeal to a wider
    audience (as well as the hard-core long-time readers).

    Bruce Simpson, Apr 7, 2006
  9. Craig Whitmore

    Guest

    There don't seem to be enough NZ merchants to justify an affiliate
    scheme like linkshare.com. Yet.
    , Apr 8, 2006