    ($(line-desc)$(line), working) and the source ip (??, not working).

    Tia,

    Steffen

    S. Voigt, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Sorry, $(peer-ip) works only for a slip/ppp banner, not for an motd.
    See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...ios120/120newft/120t/120t3/tokenban.htm#20787 .

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi,
    ~
    ~ is there a way to display the source ip of a connecting telnet peer into
    ~ an banner motd ? I tried the token $(peer-ip) but it wont work.
    ~
    ~ I saw this once somewhere else working (but i'm not sure if it was a
    ~ banner motd).
    ~
    ~ I need to display the hostname ($(hostname) = working), the port

    Aaron Leonard, Dec 22, 2003

  3. S. Voigt

    S. Voigt Guest

    Hmm... so no way at all to display something like that... :-|

    Aaron, this should be put on the Cisco customer wishlist :)

    Tia,

    Steffen

    S. Voigt, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Well, rather than me submitting an ad-hoc enhancement request
    for this specific desire, the better approach is for us to
    provide a flexible GENERAL-PURPOSE facility where customers
    can set things to their liking.

    The good news is that we now support Tcl scripts in the exec.
    So you could write a Tcl script which parses the telnet client's
    IP address out of "show users" then displays it in the desired
    format.

    I would not say that Tcl exec support is ready for prime time
    based upon my recent tests, but it should be stable by 12.4.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Aaron Leonard wrote:
    ~
    ~ > Sorry, $(peer-ip) works only for a slip/ppp banner, not for an motd.
    ~ > See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...ios120/120newft/120t/120t3/tokenban.htm#20787 .
    ~ >
    ~ > Aaron
    ~ >