    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    People are STILL being banned when they signup, I can't get you new members if they are banned instantly :(
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Tryin to win that competition aye :p Nathan, make it work properly. I bet you might have had a few extra members if it hadnt rooted itself, but they wouldnt be able to sign in,and would leave straight away.
    XhArD, Sep 7, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Yes, yes I am trying to get that fan controller :p I need it for my next rig, will save me some kesh :D
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    well stop blamming me... its all mikes fault for deleting people incorrectly!
    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I'm not blaming anyone, just saying it needs to be fixed because I think it is the main thing stopping this site from gaining more members.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i know... try telling that too mike... in fact why not email him :D then he might get up and move :D
    i ant touching the DB because i might screw it up :p
    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I'm just an everyday user. You're co-admin so I'm sure you'd have a lot more say in what goes on compared to me ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    you know actions speak louder then words. maybe i orta send him a mail bomb then she if he wakes up :p just kidding :D
    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    pfft.. mail bombs are so impersonal! Try some tips from The Anarchists Cookbook :D i dunno, maybe leave an axe through his door one day? Oh wait, he lives ages away doesnt he... Im sure you can figure something more personal out :p
    XhArD, Sep 7, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Fellas fellas, whoa hold up a second here.
    He does read the forums doesn't he? Hopefully he'll see this and do the best he can to fix the problem.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    There are lots of screwy problems with the forums. I keep losing the auto-notification on topics I've replied to.
    bigal, Sep 7, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yer, i wish we still had our vbulletin license :(... *cries* vBulletin is a better forum system...
    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Each has their own pros and cons, I personally prefer the phpBB forums.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    but the fact is we had the vBulletin License... until some NOOB stole it the little baitchs if i met them they would have ho head left! we had a perfectly up and running forum!
    Well lets just get mike to fix the banning thingy first! :p then i can control him for ever :D
    unholy, Sep 8, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Now we need to get usbeef unbanned. He's gonna show us a converted eMachines build.
    bigal, Sep 14, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    vBulletin is crapola. It's basically phpBB code that some whacko stole and reworked to try to sell and make money from it. To hell with him. phpBB is just fine and it's free. Plus it's open source so you can fix it if something goes wrong like this. Also you can make it look better, vBulletin is very limited in that regard. I hates me some vB.
    Well, you could always use ezBoard. <Snicker>
    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    you like <sniekr>ing and <smirk>ing a lot dont you? maybe that will be the next american stereotype? Makes just as much sense as what you seem to think of us Aussies.
    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    You really think I've got a hard nut for Aussies? Hehehe... Dude, lighten up. It was an Aussie who told me about this site, ya know? :) I'm just screwing with ya man. I don't think about Aussies much at all actually. When I do I think that most of you are just like Americans, no real difference at all except for the accent and the location. Never been there but I know folks who have and they say it's the country that's the most like the US that they've ever been to. <Shrug>
    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    most like the US? spose it depends where you go. The Gap would be the "bad part of town" round here, wouldnt go there. ever.
    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    my sister leaves in the gap... its not the bad part of town, but an old quarry been made into house land :D
    Aussie have the kick ass kangaroo that could snap u left handed! :D
    unholy, Sep 15, 2005