Banking in Silence

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by noone@nospamyahoo.cnn, Jan 17, 2008.

  1. Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. JohnO Guest

    JohnO, Jan 17, 2008

  3. Gordon Guest

    On 2008-01-17, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Jan 17, 1:56 pm, wrote:
    >> WARNING
    >>
    >> http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2008/01/b...

    > Smart guy.

    Maybe, but

    "The Trojan intercepts all of this traffic before it is encrypted, so even if
    the transaction takes place over SSL the attack is still valid.
    Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce exactly such a transaction in the
    lab. However, through analysis of the Trojan's code it can be seen that this
    feature is available to the attackers."

    Has me wondering about who pays him to right this stuff, or are banks so
    slow to adapt, after all these years of attack
    Gordon, Jan 17, 2008
  4. On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:19:47 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    > are banks so slow to adapt, after all these years of attack

    Yes.

    --
    Smoking Causes Lung Cancer

    Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC), Jan 17, 2008