    about to be replaced?

    All suggestions appreciated.

    [follow-ups set to 24hsh only]

    Rudiger Flatula, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Rudiger Flatula

    ssshades2 Guest

    In article <4247e2ef$0$31353$>,
    says...
    > I'm just after a quick recommendation for a budget bang-for-buck 5.1 speaker
    > system. Will be used for games, music, movies - but mainly just boring day
    > to day computer stuff. Looking to spend around $100 Australian (c. $70 US).
    > Was looking at the Logitech X530 but they seem to be drying up - are they
    > about to be replaced?
    >
    > All suggestions appreciated.
    >
    > [follow-ups set to 24hsh only]

    Cambridge Soundworks. Harder to find, but worth the effort. Smashing out some tunes as I type.

    --

    ..:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:..:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.:~*^*~:.

    "We're in the pipe... 5 by 5..."

    (Perth, WA)
    http://www.iinet.net.au/~shades2

    PGP Public Keys:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/pgpkey.html

    Making life REAL hard for spammers with:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/spamtrap.html

    ssshades2, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Rudiger Flatula

    DLT Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:33:30 +0800, ssshades2
    <.0rg^|^iiiinet/.net.au> wrote:

    >In article <4247e2ef$0$31353$>,
    >says...
    >> I'm just after a quick recommendation for a budget bang-for-buck 5.1 speaker
    >> system. Will be used for games, music, movies - but mainly just boring day
    >> to day computer stuff. Looking to spend around $100 Australian (c. $70 US).
    >> Was looking at the Logitech X530 but they seem to be drying up - are they
    >> about to be replaced?
    >>
    >> All suggestions appreciated.
    >>
    >> [follow-ups set to 24hsh only]

    >Cambridge Soundworks. Harder to find, but worth the effort. Smashing out some tunes as I type.

    they still making those? I still have my set of fourpoint surround
    which came free with the first soundblaster live, which i still have
    also. Circa 1997ish i think

    Rgrds

    DLT

    DLT, Mar 29, 2005
  4. Rudiger Flatula

    ssshades2 Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:33:30 +0800, ssshades2
    > <.0rg^|^iiiinet/.net.au> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <4247e2ef$0$31353$>,
    > >says...
    > >> I'm just after a quick recommendation for a budget bang-for-buck 5.1 speaker
    > >> system. Will be used for games, music, movies - but mainly just boring day
    > >> to day computer stuff. Looking to spend around $100 Australian (c. $70 US).
    > >> Was looking at the Logitech X530 but they seem to be drying up - are they
    > >> about to be replaced?
    > >>
    > >> All suggestions appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> [follow-ups set to 24hsh only]

    > >Cambridge Soundworks. Harder to find, but worth the effort. Smashing out some tunes as I type.

    > they still making those? I still have my set of fourpoint surround
    > which came free with the first soundblaster live, which i still have
    > also. Circa 1997ish i think
    >
    > Rgrds
    >
    > DLT

    There is a new series.

    Here is a 5.1 set:

    http://www.gameseek.co.uk/productdetail/PCazh8zpcf495n4z3y/

    You can't beat these things for bang-for-buck. They have had rave reviews over the years.

    --

    ssshades2, Mar 29, 2005