    various mail or http requests may wait, but accounting app not.
    accounting app traffic is recognized by tcp/ip port used.

    thanks for comments.

    sali, May 8, 2005

  2. yes, you'd probably want to investigate low latency queuing. usually used
    for voip.

    Stuart Wilcox, May 8, 2005

  3. sali

    stephen Guest

    "Stuart Wilcox" <> wrote in message
    > yes, you'd probably want to investigate low latency queuing. usually used
    > for voip.

    BUT - your priority settings will only affect your routers - once the
    packets are launched into the big, bad Internet, then they probably get no
    special QoS treatment.

    So if a dozen of your sites send 500 Kbps each to a central site with a 1.5
    Mbps line - 75% of all the packets will get thrown away on the final hop out
    of the internet into the central site, and you have no real influence on
    which ones.

    QoS settings on the routers sending the traffic into the Internet cant
    control this kind of contention inside the cloud unless the cloud supports
    QoS.

    if you need QoS to make your apps work, then you either need some sort of
    enhanced service from your ISP (and probably a common ISP for all the
    sites), or throttle traffic to limit contention, or maybe a private network.

    --
    Regards

    stephen, May 8, 2005
  4. sali

    sali Guest

    "stephen" <> wrote in message
    > "Stuart Wilcox" <> wrote in message
    > > yes, you'd probably want to investigate low latency queuing. usually

    used
    > > for voip.

    > BUT - your priority settings will only affect your routers - once the
    > packets are launched into the big, bad Internet, then they probably get no
    > special QoS treatment.

    thanks, but my network is primarily "vpn", i mean, we have "traced" fixed
    guarantied bandwith through internet through tunnels.
    my concern is bandwith distribution inside that vpn.

    sali, May 8, 2005