    assume that it is some sensing the capacity of line ?

    Sorry, I donot have the spec for the WIC card ! if it has one ( I know
    very little about CISCO)
    rc, Jul 14, 2004

  2. rc

    PJML Guest

    rc wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > We have a CISCO 1600 router connected to a 64Kbs kilostream line. We
    > are considering upping it to 256Kbs.
    >
    > My assumption is that the above Cisco will be able to cope with upto
    > 2Mbit line without any hardware change. Am I right ?
    >
    > On the show interface, it states that Serial0 is a 64Kbs line, I
    > assume that it is some sensing the capacity of line ?
    >
    > Sorry, I donot have the spec for the WIC card ! if it has one ( I know
    > very little about CISCO)

    It'll probably be a WIC-1T which will handle up to
    2Mbit/sec. The speed shown on a "show interface"
    as the "description" value is a hand-entered value
    and not what the line senses.

    A 1600 should habdle 256K without any problems,
    assuming you're not doing crazy things with
    access-lists or NAT or VPNs or anything similar.
    PJML, Jul 14, 2004