bandwith Dialer 0

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bas van Koert, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Hi all,

We have a dsl 512/512 connection, the Cisco 2611 is configured using aal5mux dialer to connect. This all works fine and the connection is perfect.

We are currently testing CBWFQ with LLQ. So, we created the class-maps etc and configured the policy-map which we placed onto the Dialer0 interface as output since that is our bottleneck connection.

What I noticed though is under the classes we can define upto 56kb, which is strange since the connection has 512kb upstream. I am aware of the standard 25% reservation for class class-default. But this no way near :) The ATM interface shows it has 512 but when I do a "show interface Dialer 0" I see the unexplainable 56kb. I can set the bandwidth under interface Dialer 0 on 512 and then I can define up to 512kb.

However this would mean that if one day the connection would be upgraded, I would manually need to adjust the bandwidth at the Dialer0 interface which isn't very handy when you deploy some routers in the field. The router we used for test was the Cisco 2611XM by the way.

Is there a way that the bandwidth on the Dialer0 takes over the actually bandwidth on the ATM interface.

For example when I apply multilink on 2 512 dsl lines. My interface Multilink 1 will show 1024kb nicely. But when using a Dialer0 with 1 ATM interface I get 56kb BW on the Dialer 0 interface.

Kind regards,

Bas van Koert

Bas van Koert, Feb 3, 2005
    1. Advertising

2. Unfortunately, the dialer interface will not automatically calculate an
    aggregate bandwidth of the member interfaces. At least not at this time.

So it is a manual effort at this point. Sorry.

Phillip Remaker, Feb 4, 2005
    1. Advertising