    use? Is there maybe a way to shrink the size of the packet for
    certain types of traffic?

    I just want to keep a rogue device from bringing down the network.
    faels, Apr 1, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    faels <> wrote:
    >We have a problem that occurs when a host from one subnet sends a
    >large amount of data to another subnet connected to the same router.
    >The device we are using is a Cisco 2600 Series router. When the host
    >on "subnet A" sends a large amount of data to a host on "subnet B",
    >the router is brought to its knees.
    >
    >Is there any way to limit the amount of bandwitdth that a port can
    >use? Is there maybe a way to shrink the size of the packet for
    >certain types of traffic?

    You might find it easier to just add the line "route-cache
    same-interface" to the interface configuration. By default, one-armed
    routing is process switched.

    Good luck and have fun!
    http://www.networkingunlimited.com
    Vincent C Jones, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Depending on how you're set up, you might be able to benefit from using CAR
    (rate-limit command) and/or
    one of the QoS tools like priority queueing or custom queueing.

    FWIW,
    Robert

    Bob by The Bay, Apr 2, 2004