    I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
    and protection.

    Ideas?

    Vernon, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Vernon

    gwtc Guest

    Vernon wrote:

    > Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
    >
    > I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
    >
    > I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
    > and protection.
    >
    > Ideas?

    What the author fails to tell you is that not every site can handle
    pipelining.

    gwtc, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Vernon

    Jim Scott Guest

    I ran this one without a problem http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Oct 8, 2005
  4. Vernon

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:25:56 -0700, Vernon wrote:

    > Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
    >
    > I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
    >
    > I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
    > and protection.
    >
    > Ideas?

    I just installed and tried the bandwidth extension and that ran ok too.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Oct 8, 2005
  5. Vernon

    Vernon Guest

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:25:56 -0700, Vernon wrote:
    >

    >>Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
    >>
    >>I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
    >>
    >>I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
    >>and protection.
    >>
    >>Ideas?

    > I ran this one without a problem http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

    Thanks. That runs as well as others. Not the FastFox one.

    I get 2.3 Megabits per second.

    Vernon, Oct 8, 2005
  6. Vernon

    Vernon Guest

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:25:56 -0700, Vernon wrote:
    >

    >>Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
    >>
    >>I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
    >>
    >>I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
    >>and protection.
    >>
    >>Ideas?

    > I just installed and tried the bandwidth extension and that ran ok too.

    I just uninstalled bandwidth, uninstalled FasterFox, reinstalled
    FasterFox, reinstalled Bandwidth.

    It now works.

    Vernon, Oct 8, 2005