    Controller C7200-I/O-2FE/E uses 400 bandwidth points. There are no other
    PAs or SAs in the other slots. So why does this message appears?

    Thanks, Daniel

    Daniel Eyholzer, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Daniel Eyholzer

    Ben Guest

    I started seeing this message also when upgrading from 12.2 mainline to
    12.3.
    It's also in show version now.
    Not sure why it appears to be getting it wrong however...

    Ben, Oct 23, 2004

  3. "Ben" <> wrote:
    > I started seeing this message also when upgrading from 12.2 mainline to
    > 12.3.
    > It's also in show version now.
    > Not sure why it appears to be getting it wrong however...

    Can I just ignore this message or should I worry about it? It's a router in
    a productive environment so I won't take any risk. Could this have any
    impact on the operation of the router?

    Daniel

    Daniel Eyholzer, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Daniel Eyholzer

    hktco Guest

    You SHOULD worry about it. Make sure that you follow the instructions
    on the following whitepaper. You can have a maximum of 600 bandwidth
    points on each PCI bus.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a008014cf5c.html

    hktco

    hktco, Oct 26, 2004
  5. (hktco) wrote:
    > You SHOULD worry about it. Make sure that you follow the instructions
    > on the following whitepaper. You can have a maximum of 600 bandwidth
    > points on each PCI bus.

    I have already read this whitepaper. In this document the I/O Controller
    C7200-I/O-2FE/E that I have has 400 bandwith points. I have no other PAs or
    SAs in this router, so the PCI bus should not be over subscribed.

    I have the following message in the output of show version:
    PCI bus mb0_mb1 (Slots 0, 1, 3 and 5) has an aggregate of 600 bandwidth
    points. Total of 200 bandwidth points have been used on PCI bus
    mbo_mb1. PA's (PA-IO-2FE = 400) has/have over subscribed 200 bandwidth
    points in single port configuration on PCI bus mbo_mb1.

    IMO this message does not really make sense. Moreover this message does not
    appear with the IOS image c7200-is-mz.122-11.T.bin but with the IOS image
    c7200-io3s-mz.122-26.bin.

    Any idea?

    Daniel

    Daniel Eyholzer, Oct 26, 2004
  6. Daniel Eyholzer

    hktco Guest

    post your show ver and show diag and we can investigate further.

    hktco

    hktco, Nov 1, 2004