    of bandwidth, by setting it to how much I have and how much i've used
    and I don't want to lose my account but want to continue torrenting.

    Or is it best just to stop torrenting altogether.

    Travis, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Travis

    JD Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > I have been downloading a lot of big torrents, and I got contacted by
    > my IP as I used 180% of my bandwidth (60GB max, i used 109GB
    > upload/download total).
    >
    > Is there a program that will tell me when I have used a certain amount
    > of bandwidth, by setting it to how much I have and how much i've used
    > and I don't want to lose my account but want to continue torrenting.
    >
    > Or is it best just to stop torrenting altogether.

    Ask your ISP for one THEY put a cap on your broadband. you are a paying
    customer, you should be provided with the necessary tools to monitor how
    much bandwidth you are using especially if there charging you for it. on
    a side note however, some routers have this capability.

    Or switch to a provider with no cap.

    JD

    JD, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Travis

    bambam Guest

    "Travis" <> wrote in news:1157947883.703250.287390
    @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

    > I have been downloading a lot of big torrents, and I got contacted by
    > my IP as I used 180% of my bandwidth (60GB max, i used 109GB
    > upload/download total).
    >
    > Is there a program that will tell me when I have used a certain amount
    > of bandwidth, by setting it to how much I have and how much i've used
    > and I don't want to lose my account but want to continue torrenting.
    >
    > Or is it best just to stop torrenting altogether.

    NetMeter

    http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

    --
    It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say
    the opposite.

    bambam, Sep 11, 2006