    Jan Werbiñski O0oo....._[:]) bul, bul, bul
    Prywatna http://www.janwer.com/
    Nasza siec http://www.fredry.net/
    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jan_Werbi=F1ski?=, Jan 14, 2005

  2. =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jan_Werbi=F1ski?=

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <cs8tbs$dt3$>,
    says...

    > Small LAN - ISP, 50 or 200 users.
    > Which Cisco router can I use for limiting bandwidth per user?
    >
    > 2500/2600/3600?
    >
    > Can I have starting limit for user i.e. 512kbps and after downloading 20MB
    > 128 kbps?
    >
    > How to limit p2p traffic?

    I'm not really sure that you could make such bandwidth quotas which
    would change it's parameters dynamically with IOS only. Maybe you should
    look at software like Websense or similar (I think that you can download
    a trial version of websense and get a trial licence for a 30 days).

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 15, 2005

  3. U¿ytkownik "Ivan Ostreš" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

    > I'm not really sure that you could make such bandwidth quotas which
    > would change it's parameters dynamically with IOS only. Maybe you should
    > look at software like Websense or similar (I think that you can download
    > a trial version of websense and get a trial licence for a 30 days).

    It can be easily done with linux/bsd and squid. But I need something which
    can go without my care for a year or two.
    Hardware bandwidth controllers are quite expensive - Planet 10 Mbps is about
    1000 euro.

    So with IOS I can only have static bandwidth limits and Qos? Is this
    correct?
    Any difference between 2500,2600 and 3600 routers and bandwidth limiting
    features?

    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jan_Werbi=F1ski?=, Jan 15, 2005
  4. In article <csc843$oru$>,
    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jan_Werbi=F1ski?= <> wrote:
    :Hardware bandwidth controllers are quite expensive - Planet 10 Mbps is about
    :1000 euro.

    Packeteer's PacketShaper is much more expensive than that :(
    About $US7500 for PacketShaper 2500 with 10 M license (the maximum
    for the device),
    About $US12500 for PacketShaper 6500 with 10 M license (the minimum
    for the device), about $US17000 for the fibre-equipped equivilent.

    :So with IOS I can only have static bandwidth limits and Qos? Is this
    :correct?

    So far in my examination of Cisco's QoS, I have not seen any ability to
    define per-connection limits at all. You can define QoS in terms of
    policy maps, but those maps appear to have the usual classification
    features -- packet size or layer-4 access-list match. Thus one could
    say that "all traffic from port 80 at IP X together is allowed 128
    Kbps" [which you would presumably apply at your network edge if X was
    an external system so as to control the rate at which return traffic
    used internal network resources], but in what I have seen so far, there
    is no provision for "each outgoing connection to port 80 at IP X is
    allowed 32 Kbps worth of return traffic." I have, though, not
    investigated the capabilities of Cisco's content service switches
    nor of the GSR line.
    --
    Usenet is one of those "Good News/Bad News" comedy routines.
    Walter Roberson, Jan 15, 2005
  5. =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jan_Werbi=F1ski?=

    vusal339

    Joined:
    May 22, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    advice limiter per user

    use tmeter it can limit traffic per ip and user
    vusal339, May 22, 2009