    than appreciated.

    Thanks

    Alex

    Alex, Feb 23, 2004

  2. (Alex) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have a feeling that the answer to this question is no, but I would
    > appreciate it if someone could confirm whether it is possible to
    > implement host based bandwidth liniting on either a PIX 515E firewall
    > or Catalyst 2950 switch.
    >
    > If it is possible then a pointer in the right direction would be more
    > than appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Alex

    Well I think that bandwidth command in the interface configuration
    mode on 2950 will help u. I am not too sure but i think that
    rate-limit command is available on the pix firewall. This command will
    limit the bandwidth on pix firewall.

    Owais Bin Zuber
    Kontact Remote Services
    Karachi, Pakistan

    owais bin zuber, Feb 23, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    owais bin zuber <> wrote:
    :I am not too sure but i think that
    :rate-limit command is available on the pix firewall. This command will
    :limit the bandwidth on pix firewall.

    There is no way to rate-limit on any current PIX. Maybe in the next
    major release.
    --
    IMT made the sky
    Fall.