Bandwidth limiting on a Cisco 800 Series router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jon Jonsson, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. Jon Jonsson

    Jon Jonsson Guest

    Hi

    I live in an appartment building with a Cisco 800 Series router that
    the people in the building use for internet.

    It has come to my attention that there are some people that like to
    play games on the internet and others like to upload and download
    several gigabytes per day which makes gaming near impossible.

    I use a bandwidth monitor so I know which people are doing the
    downloading and uploading.

    I would like to do one of these things, preferably number 2.

    1. Limit the bandwidth of certain internal IP numbers.
    or
    2. Give absolute priority to certain ports on the router.
    or.
    3. Give absolute priority to bandwidth to certain internal IP numbers

    I admin the internet but far from being a Cisco expert. I barely
    manage to forward ports. That's about all i know. If need be I will
    call an expert, but thats going to cost a alot.

    I understand if you guys don't want to walk me through this step by
    step, but if you could point me in the right direction and I could ask
    more questions after that that would be great!

    Thank you very much,
    Jon Jonsson

    Jon Jonsson, Dec 29, 2003