  1. hakim soso

    hakim soso Guest

    I want to know the bandwidth limit which the Cisco1721 & Cisco 2600 can handle?
    hakim soso, Oct 31, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    hakim soso <> wrote:
    :I want to know the bandwidth limit which the Cisco1721 & Cisco 2600 can handle?

    It depends what you are doing with the packets. For example,
    the performance if you are just routing is more than the performance
    if you are doing NAT or a GRE tunnel.

    The rated performance of the 1721 is 12000 packets per second,
    with 64 byte packets. That's about 8 megabits per second worst case
    (for pure routing), and about 148 megabits per second best case
    (for pure routing).

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/1721.htm

    There is no Cisco '2600', there is only the 2600 family. The performance
    ratings for the members of the family depend upon the model.
    The range is from 15000 pps (2610 & 2612) to 70000 pps (2691).
    If you are trying to decide between a 1721 and a 2600-series,
    you are probably looking at a 2611XM (20000 pps) or 2621XM (30000 pps).
    For the 2621XM, that's a worst-case pure-routing performance
    equivilent to 10 megabits per second full duplex. If you look at these
    figures you will see that *none* of the 26xx models are able to route
    even close to 100 megabits per second worth of short (64 byte) packets.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a0080094e92.shtml
    --
    Ceci, ce n'est pas une idée.
    Walter Roberson, Oct 31, 2004

  3. In article <cm3lv9$h7f$>,
    Walter Roberson <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:
    |In article <>,
    |hakim soso <> wrote:
    |:I want to know the bandwidth limit which the Cisco1721 & Cisco 2600 can handle?

    |If you are trying to decide between a 1721 and a 2600-series,

    I forgot to mention: when you buy a 1721 you usually get it with
    the hardware encryption module, but the 2600 series does not
    usually have the hardware encryption module. This can make a fair
    difference if you are doing VPN's.
    --
    Strange but true: there are entire WWW pages devoted to listing
    programs designed to obfuscate HTML.
    Walter Roberson, Oct 31, 2004