    I know linux can do it ???

    thanks

    ---

    Nick, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Nick

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Oct 4, 2003

  3. Nick

    ZZzz Guest

    ZZzz, Oct 4, 2003
  4. Olson Johnson, Oct 5, 2003
  5. Nick

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Oct 5, 2003
  6. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "ZZzz" <> wrote in message
    news:LLGfb.6185$...
    > Surprisingly enough: http://www.bandwidthcontroller.com/

    Unfortunatly this isnt the setup that I have..

    PC---|

    PC---|

    DSL--|---->phone

    Swtich

    so theres no server, so I think im screwed..

    ahhh well

    ---

    Nick, Oct 5, 2003
  7. Nick

    ZZzz Guest

    It doesn't need a server - just buy 2 copies of it and install it on each of
    ur PCs, limit the speed of NIC (or just certain ports) to whatever speed you
    want. -b

    ZZzz, Oct 5, 2003
  8. Nick

    Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 18:42:58 +1300, ZZzz wrote:

    > It doesn't need a server - just buy 2 copies of it and install it on each
    > of ur PCs, limit the speed of NIC (or just certain ports) to whatever
    > speed you want.

    Or track down a piece of Open Source software which will do the same job -
    that way you won't have to buy anything.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Oct 5, 2003
  9. Nick

    m00se Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:

    > www.dave.net.nz

    hmmmmm far less porn than I expected to see

    :p

    m00se, Oct 6, 2003
  10. Nick

    T.N.O. Guest

    "m00se" wrote
    > > www.dave.net.nz

    > hmmmmm far less porn than I expected to see
    > :p

    There is over 2GB that is in a non public folder... I'll email you the
    details.

    T.N.O., Oct 6, 2003
  11. Nick

    Mainlander Guest

    Mainlander, Oct 7, 2003
  12. Nick

    ZZzz Guest

    "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    > Or track down a piece of Open Source software which will do the same job -
    > that way you won't have to buy anything.

    If such a thing exists (for Win32) I'd love to hear about it :-/

    ZZzz, Oct 7, 2003
  13. Nick

    bt Guest

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:17:20 +1300, "ZZzz" <> wrote:

    >"Lennier" <> wrote in message
    >> Or track down a piece of Open Source software which will do the same job -
    >> that way you won't have to buy anything.

    >If such a thing exists (for Win32) I'd love to hear about it :-/

    Netpeeker, but it's shareware.

    Brendan (Avatar)

    --

    Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

    Email: corum.usenet@myrealbox (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
    My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.

    bt, Oct 7, 2003