    Jon
    --
    remove goaway for email

    Jon Lawrence, Oct 30, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Jon Lawrence <> wrote:
    :I have a situation where we need to put in some fairly inexpensive
    :switches which must support rate limiting/shaping on a per port basis.
    :I'm using cisco for most of my network so I'd prefer to use cisco switches.
    :Do the 2950's allow you to rate limit/shape per port - even per vlan
    :would be acceptable. Or do I need to use 3550's.

    You need the Enhanced Image (EI) versions of the 2950 to support
    policing. That's the 2950C, 2950G, 2950T, and the EI versions of the
    2950 LRE.

    Shaping is mentioned in connection with the 2970's, but not the
    2950's.
    --
    Studies show that the average reader ignores 106% of all statistics
    they see in .signatures.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 30, 2004