    local ip addresses so I could set 2.5 mbps each. Or..is there another
    solution?

    Thanks

    molecule, Feb 25, 2010

  2. molecule

    VanguardLH Guest

    molecule wrote:

    > We are in four in our flat, four rooms four computers and one modem with a
    > wireless router. I got the broadband account.
    > The problem:
    > two of these guys like to dowload stuff during the day and night affecting
    > the other two, the internet slows to a crawl. The speed is 10 mbps, but is
    > never enough.
    > I was wondering if there is a router capable of capping the bandwidth of
    > local ip addresses so I could set 2.5 mbps each. Or..is there another
    > solution?
    >
    > Thanks

    See replies to your SAME question posted all of 2 minues later.

    VanguardLH, Feb 26, 2010

  3. molecule

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:27:23 -0600, VanguardLH wrote:

    >molecule wrote:
    >
    >> We are in four in our flat, four rooms four computers and one modem with a
    >> wireless router. I got the broadband account.
    >> The problem:

    <snip>
    >> Thanks

    >See replies to your SAME question posted all of 2 minues later.

    Or even the Googled archived replies to many other posts asking the same
    question :)

    Me

    why?, Feb 26, 2010
  4. molecule

    duckstandard Guest

    molecule wrote:
    > We are in four in our flat, four rooms four computers and one modem with a
    > wireless router. I got the broadband account.
    > The problem:
    > two of these guys like to dowload stuff during the day and night affecting
    > the other two, the internet slows to a crawl. The speed is 10 mbps, but is
    > never enough.
    > I was wondering if there is a router capable of capping the bandwidth of
    > local ip addresses so I could set 2.5 mbps each. Or..is there another
    > solution?

    I think there are different free linux router firmwares that you could
    flash to your router that can do that. Even limit a users total
    bandwidth. I have an old router that I will install it on someday just
    to see how it works.

    duckstandard, Feb 27, 2010