Ballmer says Microsoft can survive crisis

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by abhi, Sep 30, 2008.

  1. abhi

    abhi Guest

    While the technology industry is not immune to the troubles facing the
    U.S economy, it is positioned to weather a

    downturn, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in a talk last week in
    Santa Clara.

    "As I travel and talk to people in the industry, I would say given the
    current circumstances, people still see a certain

    buoyancy in the market," he said.

    Ballmer said the industry is global, shielding it in part from the
    crisis in the United States. In addition, he said, the

    consumer side of the market has been less hard hit than the business
    side.

    Ballmer spoke at the Churchill Club's annual dinner, moderated by
    venture capitalist Ann Winblad.

    http://www.microsoftblog.info/
    abhi, Sep 30, 2008