    I have a Manfrotto monopod 676B digi and I'm wondering if a manfrotto
    ballhead would fit on the screw on top of the monopod so that I can
    angle the camera while using the monopod as support.

    Hoshisato, Oct 3, 2006

  2. Hoshisato

    sally Guest

    "Hoshisato" <> wrote in news:1159896883.347832.139070
    @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:
    > I have a Manfrotto monopod 676B digi and I'm wondering if a manfrotto
    > ballhead would fit on the screw on top of the monopod so that I can
    > angle the camera while using the monopod as support.

    There are 2 different head screw sizes. Get a head with the right size for
    your monopod or use an adapter.

    sally, Oct 3, 2006

  3. "Hoshisato" <> wrote in message news:...
    >I have a Manfrotto monopod 676B digi and I'm wondering if a manfrotto
    > ballhead would fit on the screw on top of the monopod so that I can
    > angle the camera while using the monopod as support.

    Yes. Manfrotto thread sizes come in 1/4" and 3/8" sizes, though - but
    you can get a very cheap adapter to mate the two (pod to ball - but
    be sure the top of the ball is 1/4"). You will likely want one of the smaller
    sized ball heads for your purpose.
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

    David Ruether, Oct 3, 2006
  4. Hoshisato

    Hoshisato Guest

    David Ruether wrote:
    > "Hoshisato" <> wrote in message news:...
    > >I have a Manfrotto monopod 676B digi and I'm wondering if a manfrotto
    > > ballhead would fit on the screw on top of the monopod so that I can
    > > angle the camera while using the monopod as support.

    > Yes. Manfrotto thread sizes come in 1/4" and 3/8" sizes, though - but
    > you can get a very cheap adapter to mate the two (pod to ball - but
    > be sure the top of the ball is 1/4"). You will likely want one of the smaller
    > sized ball heads for your purpose.
    > --
    > David Ruether
    >

    > http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

    Thanks everybody.

    Hoshisato, Oct 3, 2006
  5. Hoshisato <> wrote:
    > I have a Manfrotto monopod 676B digi and I'm wondering if a manfrotto
    > ballhead would fit on the screw on top of the monopod so that I can
    > angle the camera while using the monopod as support.

    I take my Kirk BH-3 off of my tripod and put it on my Manfrotto monopod all
    the time [until I buy a Kirk BH-1 to put on my tripod full-time]. I don't
    think you will have any issues.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Oct 3, 2006
  6. Hoshisato

    C Wright Guest

    On 10/3/06 12:34 PM, in article
    , "Hoshisato"
    <> wrote:

    > I have a Manfrotto monopod 676B digi and I'm wondering if a manfrotto
    > ballhead would fit on the screw on top of the monopod so that I can
    > angle the camera while using the monopod as support.

    I'll add to the other replies the specific information that the Manfrotto
    3232 head works very well for this purpose. It is not a true ball head but
    it allows you to tilt your camera to the vertical which is probably what you
    are looking for. Additionally it is light weight so the weight of the thing
    is not a hindrance to the light weight that you probably got a monopod for
    in the first place.
    Chuck

    C Wright, Oct 4, 2006
  7. Brian Sullivan, Oct 4, 2006
  8. Hoshisato

    Mark² Guest

    Hoshisato wrote:
    > I have a Manfrotto monopod 676B digi and I'm wondering if a manfrotto
    > ballhead would fit on the screw on top of the monopod so that I can
    > angle the camera while using the monopod as support.

    Take a look at the thread on your Manfrotto monopod.
    All Manfrotto pods I've owned had BOTH thread sizes built in...with the
    smaller thread emerging from the wider thread via spring-loading.

    If you're using large lenses with a rotating tripod mount, you're probably
    better off using a tilt-only head.
    Manfrotto makes these... A monopod is a natural panning device...so all
    really need is tilt.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Oct 4, 2006