    it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does anyone
    know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to resist
    further use?
    Maybe, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Maybe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:8jMTf.8274$,
    Maybe spewed forth:
    > I'm trying to force feed a Dell A10 942 printer that ran out of ink
    > until I refilled it. However, it insists that it's still out of ink
    > and it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does
    > anyone know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to
    > resist further use?

    Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?

    Toolman Tim, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Maybe

    Maybe Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    >In news:8jMTf.8274$,
    >Maybe spewed forth:
    >

    >>I'm trying to force feed a Dell A10 942 printer that ran out of ink
    >>until I refilled it. However, it insists that it's still out of ink
    >>and it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does
    >>anyone know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to
    >>resist further use?
    >>

    >Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?

    Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?
    Maybe, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Maybe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:b83Uf.11152$%,
    Maybe spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:8jMTf.8274$,
    >> Maybe spewed forth:
    >>

    >>> I'm trying to force feed a Dell A10 942 printer that ran out of ink
    >>> until I refilled it. However, it insists that it's still out of ink
    >>> and it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does
    >>> anyone know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to
    >>> resist further use?
    >>>

    >> Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?
    >>

    > Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?

    <g> sorry - couldn't resist

    The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting these
    things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.
    Toolman Tim, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:b83Uf.11152$%, Maybe spewed forth:
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:8jMTf.8274$, Maybe spewed forth:

    >>> Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?
    >>>

    >> Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?

    > <g> sorry - couldn't resist
    >
    > The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting these
    > things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

    Don't forget about those little chip resetter gizmos they sell for ink
    carts for about $15US.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 22, 2006
  6. Maybe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:p,
    Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>> Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?

    >> <g> sorry - couldn't resist
    >>
    >> The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting
    >> these things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

    > Don't forget about those little chip resetter gizmos they sell for ink
    > carts for about $15US.

    I've seen those for Epson, but not for Dell. They may be out there
    somewhere...

    Toolman Tim, Mar 22, 2006
  7. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:p, Blinky the
    > Shark spewed forth:
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:b83Uf.11152$%, Maybe spewed forth:

    >>> <g> sorry - couldn't resist
    >>>
    >>> The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting
    >>> these things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

    >> Don't forget about those little chip resetter gizmos they sell for ink
    >> carts for about $15US.

    > I've seen those for Epson, but not for Dell. They may be out there
    > somewhere...

    I dunno what brands they may cover. I think the first ones I saw were
    for Epson, too, but that was a couple years ago, and I if everybody's
    doin' it, now, they may have expanded their coverage.

    I just got my first Canon printer. It was free with my new laptop.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 22, 2006