    save as txt files

    Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

    , Oct 30, 2005

  2. why? Guest

    On 30 Oct 2005 13:42:33 -0800, wrote:

    It's Netscape or not? Help | About should tell you that.

    Normally you can see from the post headers,
    but as you are using a browser IE6 , it's not possible in this case.

    Simple method for any Netscape / Mozilla is look at the profile info

    See previous posts in 24HSHD,

    You will find it's something like -

    C:\Documents and Settings\<logon username>\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Profiles\<profilename>\<some string>\Mail

    It may vary a bit for versions of Windows that don't use 'Documents and
    Settings' or where you don't use logon names for Windows.

    >Any one know how to do this. Ive made folders for my NTL home emails.
    >Now I need to find the file and bak it up any ideas where it is.

    If you have made folders, search for the folder name, it is the fastest.

    >Please dont tell me I have to cut an paste all emails to notepad an
    >save as txt files

    Why not, it works.

    >Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

    Wow.

    Me

    why?, Oct 30, 2005

  3. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Any one know how to do this. Ive made folders for my NTL home emails.
    > Now I need to find the file and bak it up any ideas where it is.

    Depends on the email program you are using.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 31, 2005
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-10-30,
    <> wrote:
    > Any one know how to do this. Ive made folders for my NTL home emails.
    > Now I need to find the file and bak it up any ideas where it is.
    >
    > Please dont tell me I have to cut an paste all emails to notepad an
    > save as txt files
    >

    > Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

    Is this web-mail or on your own computer? If on your own computer, what
    e-mail program do you use? Does it have a back-up feature of its own?
    Have you tried looking for 'back-up' in the 'Help' for your e-mail program,
    or for your operating system?

    (No, you do not have to copy/paste anything).

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 31, 2005