Bagpipes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2008.

  1. Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2008

  2. Blinky the Shark

    philo Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    news:p...

    > Here's a sign you don't often see. :)
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/pipe_dreams.jpg
    >
    > I took that the other day here in L.A.

    I am quite sure that you can see anything and everything in LA.

    One of the oddest things I saw was a *Jazz* bagpipe player.

    He came to Milwaukee a few times

    http://www.jazztimes.com/columns_and_features/news/detail.cfm?article=10864

    He told us a story about how he used to practice his bagpipes at home...
    One day, a neighbor who did not like it call the police to complain.

    When they came to the door to tell Harvey they had a complaint of bagpipes
    being played in his
    apartment...he just looked at them funny.

    The police grinned and said it musthave been a prank phone call and left
    without furthe investigation.

    BTW: He was very good and put on a great show
    philo, Mar 28, 2008

  3. Blinky the Shark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 05:42:12 -0500, philo wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Here's a sign you don't often see. :)
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/pipe_dreams.jpg
    >>
    >> I took that the other day here in L.A.
    >>

    > I am quite sure that you can see anything and everything in LA.
    >

    > One of the oddest things I saw was a *Jazz* bagpipe player.
    >
    > He came to Milwaukee a few times
    >
    > http://www.jazztimes.com/columns_and_features/news/detail.cfm?

    article=10864

    > He told us a story about how he used to practice his bagpipes at home...
    > One day, a neighbor who did not like it call the police to complain.
    >
    > When they came to the door to tell Harvey they had a complaint of
    > bagpipes being played in his
    > apartment...he just looked at them funny.
    >
    > The police grinned and said it musthave been a prank phone call and left
    > without furthe investigation.
    >

    > BTW: He was very good and put on a great show

    An octopus comes across a set of bagpipes which had been washed up on the
    beach. Thinks to itself: If I can get those tartan panties off her, I'll
    **** her brains out.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Mar 28, 2008
  4. philo wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Here's a sign you don't often see. :)
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/pipe_dreams.jpg
    >>
    >> I took that the other day here in L.A.
    >>

    > I am quite sure that you can see anything and everything in LA.
    >

    > One of the oddest things I saw was a *Jazz* bagpipe player.
    >
    > He came to Milwaukee a few times
    >
    > http://www.jazztimes.com/columns_and_features/news/detail.cfm?article=10864

    Bizarre.

    --