    connect briefly - and then I seem to lose it.

    The laptop is in the same room as the router - about 5 ft away.

    This problem is driving me batty. Can anyone help?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGFt?=, Mar 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGFt?=

    Al Romanosky Guest

    Look at the following:(suggested by Robert L.):

    http://www.howtonetworking.com/wireless.htm

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL
    Al Romanosky, Mar 5, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGFt?=

    Oliver Saal Guest

    I've seen similar posts into this newsgroup about dropped wireless
    connections using a Linksys WRTG54G. From your description, it sounds as if
    you're losing your DHCP issued connection on the wireless side. Can you
    verify that you have the latest firmware installed on the router?

    The following are links which may help you diagnose your issue and provide
    some popular yet unofficial firmware updates.
    Broadband Reports lists some hacks and Linux Based modified firmware for
    enhancing the popular Linksys WRT54G router.

    Linksysinfo.org is dedicated to Linksys Enhancements. Sveasoft firmware
    build has an incredible amount of features including wireless power mode
    selection, BGP Routing, Bandwidth management.

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    Oliver Saal, Mar 7, 2005