    Finally after some time of rebooting and unplugging I can again connect.

    My question: Is this a bad wireless modem or is it my computer.

    I'm running xp media center sp2.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hldG9sYQ==?=, Aug 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hldG9sYQ==?=

    Jim Guest

    "Chetola" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just went from dial up to Bellsouth DSL.
    >
    > Everything will be working fine and then all of a sudden I can't get into
    > the Internet.
    >
    > Looking at the wireless router the last light is either red or out. I
    > believe this is the wireless light.

    Since you didn' mention the name and mode of the modem, my only surmise that
    the light being red means either the DSL line is down or the wireless isn't
    working.

    > Finally after some time of rebooting and unplugging I can again connect.
    >
    > My question: Is this a bad wireless modem or is it my computer.

    Next time it happens, turn off the modem and unplugg it from the power.
    This may fix your problem for a while.
    I would suspect that the modem is bad.

    > I'm running xp media center sp2.

    Jim
    Jim, Aug 3, 2007

  3. Hi
    There is No technical info in your post that allows even guessing.
    It can be either or both, or nothing. Routers some times do need a Reboot.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 3, 2007
  4. Thanks for your response: I did find out I have a Modem problem. It will be
    replaced.

    Thanks again
    David

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hldG9sYQ==?=, Aug 3, 2007