    I must install all programs again or there is solution anyway.
    Friend doesn't never make ERD disk.
    Help, please!

    Adi, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Adi

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:09:35 +0100, Adi wrote:

    >Hi experts!
    >
    >On my friend's computer runing with Windows NT4 Workstation I must make
    >repaire of installation.
    >But, after repairing Windows NT run like newone. there wasn't regognized
    >previous settings and now
    >I must install all programs again or there is solution anyway.
    >Friend doesn't never make ERD disk.

    Even with the ERD, which often won't fit on the floppy after a while
    it's a bit messy with/out one anyway.

    Normally all the settings and apps are still there, just no menu /
    program groups.

    Make an ERD as the system is now just in case.

    Backup any important settings, files before reinstalling in case
    something gets overwritten.

    Best to reinstall apps again. Quite a few (or at least from those I use)
    recognised a previous install and ask to "use existing settings?".

    A good overall solution is something like Norton Ghost , once everything
    is back to normal. use Ghost or any of the several other disk image
    products to make a copy to CDR or another hardisk.

    In exactly the same situation a while ago, I found the simple method was
    to put in a new hardisk, reinstall everything to that. The old disk was
    used to pull off any ini / configuration / data files needed. It then
    sat there as a backup of the old setting for many months until not
    required again. Reformatted it and had 40GB of spare disk.

    Me

    why?, Jan 27, 2004