    I then tried updating the BIOS/drivers again with no success.
    Is there an intermittent fault here? First time I have stumbled upon
    this and any ideas would be helpful.
    cizzo, Sep 13, 2007

  2. cizzo

    JANA Guest

    On some older mother boards (I don't know yours particularly), there is a
    jumper setting to allow the BIOS firmware (BIOS operating software) to be
    updated. Some other types have a setting in the BIOS menu to allow updates.

    The main question is, if you are not having problems with the mother board,
    why would you want to start messing with the BIOS firmware?

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "cizzo" <> wrote in message
    The motherboard is an Intel D865perl and I was having some problems
    updating the firewire 1394 net adapter on the system. When I put in
    the driver disc it tells me that this is not an Intel motherboard
    (when it clearly is). I tried the windows based BIOS flash and that
    failed. Also tried the DOS based one and I get errors also. I ruled
    out windows being the problem as I did a format and clean windows
    install.
    The last step I have done is wiping the BIOS by pulling the battery.
    JANA, Sep 14, 2007

  3. cizzo

    cizzo Guest

    On Sep 14, 2:49 am, "JANA" <> wrote:
    > On some older mother boards (I don't know yours particularly), there is a
    > jumper setting to allow the BIOS firmware (BIOS operating software) to be
    > updated. Some other types have a setting in the BIOS menu to allow updates.
    >
    > The main question is, if you are not having problems with the mother board,
    > why would you want to start messing with the BIOS firmware?
    >
    > --
    >
    > JANA
    > _____
    >
    > "cizzo" <> wrote in message

    > The motherboard is an Intel D865perl and I was having some problems
    > updating the firewire 1394 net adapter on the system. When I put in
    > the driver disc it tells me that this is not an Intel motherboard
    > (when it clearly is). I tried the windows based BIOS flash and that
    > failed. Also tried the DOS based one and I get errors also. I ruled
    > out windows being the problem as I did a format and clean windows
    > install.
    > The last step I have done is wiping the BIOS by pulling the battery.
    > I then tried updating the BIOS/drivers again with no success.
    > Is there an intermittent fault here? First time I have stumbled upon
    > this and any ideas would be helpful.

    > The main question is, if you are not having problems with the mother board,
    > why would you want to start messing with the BIOS firmware?

    I don't think I understand this question. "not having problems with
    the motherboard"? Well from the error I got from trying to run the
    drivers disc saying that it is not an Intel motherboard that sounds
    like it possibly could be a motherboard problem. Also I am getting
    errors when trying to flash the BIOS. I rulled out software being the
    problem. So what could it be hardware wise? Well the first step I
    thought would be to revert to the old BIOS backup by resetting the
    BIOS.
    The BIOS error is saying that "it can not find all the necessary
    associated BIOS files to perform the update with"

    I looked at BIOS options and there was nothing relatex to updating
    there.
    As far as jumper settings:
    BIOS Setup Configuration Jumper Settings:

    Function/Mode Jumper Setting
    Configuration
    Normal 1-2 The BIOS uses current configuration information and
    passwords for booting.
    Configure 2-3 After the POST runs, Setup runs automatically. The
    maintenance menu is displayed.
    Recovery None The BIOS attempts to recover the BIOS configuration. A
    recovery diskette is required.

    Anything further would be helpful! Thank you.
    cizzo, Sep 14, 2007
  4. cizzo

    Ben Myers Guest

    "cizzo" <> wrote in message news:...
    > The motherboard is an Intel D865perl and I was having some problems
    > updating the firewire 1394 net adapter on the system. When I put in
    > the driver disc it tells me that this is not an Intel motherboard
    > (when it clearly is). I tried the windows based BIOS flash and that
    > failed. Also tried the DOS based one and I get errors also. I ruled
    > out windows being the problem as I did a format and clean windows
    > install.
    > The last step I have done is wiping the BIOS by pulling the battery.
    > I then tried updating the BIOS/drivers again with no success.
    > Is there an intermittent fault here? First time I have stumbled upon
    > this and any ideas would be helpful.

    Please repost with more infomation, including the FCC ID number
    from the motherboard.

    Ben
    Ben Myers, Sep 15, 2007