    ted Guest

    I have a Compaq 5330us and the drive is going bad. What steps need taken to
    install a new primary drive. Thanks in advance.
    ted, Jan 7, 2006

  2. ted

    Erick Guest

    What is the operating system? Windows 98/ME and Windows 2000/XP have
    different setup methods.

    Erick, Jan 7, 2006

  3. ted

    Guest

    Desktop or Laptop/Notebook.

    I suppose it's just a case of going to the shops and buying a new hard
    drive and then following the instructions that come with it. Most
    drives use the IDE ATA / ATAPI standard, so you need to find out what
    your motherboard supports if your using a desktop PC. It's tricky
    installing drives though, I got terribly confused when I was installing
    a CD drive in my computer, turns-out I needed to use a cable that was
    coming out of the floppy drive or something like that.#

    If you're not sure, find a friend who's good with computers.
    , Jan 8, 2006