    Norton fries the attachment as containing a virus...some have come from
    paradise addresses as well I notice

    Sue
    smf, Dec 6, 2005

  2. smf

    Dave Taylor Guest

    smf <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in news:4395d233$:

    > Anyone else suddenly seeing a spike in odd emails with virii attached?
    > I have been hit over the last week about 4 a day (which is a lot for me)
    > with the same message:
    >
    > "SMTP_Error []
    > I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message.
    >
    > The full mail-text and header is attached!"
    >
    > Norton fries the attachment as containing a virus...some have come from
    > paradise addresses as well I notice
    >
    > Sue

    I guess you havent been to http://www.sarc.com or other virus alert sites.

    Just a spike, do your updates.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Dec 7, 2005

  3. smf

    smf Guest

    hDave Taylor wrote:
    > smf <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in news:4395d233$:
    >
    >> Anyone else suddenly seeing a spike in odd emails with virii attached?
    >> I have been hit over the last week about 4 a day (which is a lot for me)
    >> with the same message:
    >>
    >> "SMTP_Error []
    >> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message.
    >> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
    >>
    >> The full mail-text and header is attached!"
    >>
    >> Norton fries the attachment as containing a virus...some have come from
    >> paradise addresses as well I notice
    >>
    >> Sue
    >>

    > I guess you havent been to http://www.sarc.com or other virus alert sites.
    >
    > Just a spike, do your updates.

    uhm
    my updates are just fine thanks - my system is stopping them .... gawd
    forbid i ask if anyone else is experiencing the same .....
    smf, Dec 7, 2005
  4. smf

    Dave Taylor Guest

    smf <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in news::

    > uhm
    > my updates are just fine thanks - my system is stopping them .... gawd
    > forbid i ask if anyone else is experiencing the same .....

    Yeah, I guess it sounded snarky, but when you have lots of reflections and
    people don't know why, you should expect them to look it up before they
    post. When you post a helpful link, they should go there, then post.

    Here is another helpful link:
    http://isc.sans.org/

    Maybe this is a better one?
    http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann/pub/swf/may02-smilepop-soapbox4.swf