    Is it something I am doing wrong?

    Cheers

    Andy.
    HandyAndy, Jul 7, 2004

  2. HandyAndy

    nolly Guest

    "HandyAndy" <> wrote in message
    news:40eb4780$0$6449$...
    > I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
    >
    > Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back up
    > some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
    >
    > Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie

    keeps
    > pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
    > when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
    >
    > Is it something I am doing wrong?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Andy.

    Try a different make of disc.
    Try DVD -R/+R instead of RW.

    I have had the same problem with RW discs that have not been given a full
    format.

    cheers,

    nolly
    nolly, Jul 7, 2004

  3. nolly wrote:

    > Try DVD -R/+R instead of RW.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    nolly, the frayed, tufting jolthead, Jul 7, 2004
  4. HandyAndy

    HandyAndy Guest

    "nolly" <> wrote in message

    > "HandyAndy" <> wrote in message
    > > I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
    > >
    > > Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back

    up
    > > some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
    > >
    > > Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie

    > keeps
    > > pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
    > > when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
    > >
    > > Is it something I am doing wrong?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Andy.

    > Try a different make of disc.
    > Try DVD -R/+R instead of RW.
    >
    > I have had the same problem with RW discs that have not been given a full
    > format.
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > nolly

    cheers nolly, what do you use to fully format your rw discs.

    Andy.
    HandyAndy, Jul 7, 2004
  5. HandyAndy

    Don Guest

    In article <40eb4780$0$6449$>,
    says...
    > I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
    >
    > Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back up
    > some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
    >
    > Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie keeps
    > pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
    > when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
    >
    > Is it something I am doing wrong?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Andy.

    That sucks. if you give up on trying to make the two programs work
    together, just go for 123 Copy. It's pretty hard to screw up.
    Don, Jul 9, 2004
  6. HandyAndy

    HandyAndy Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    > In article <40eb4780$0$6449$>,
    > says...
    > > I bought a dvd writer at the weekend.
    > >
    > > Following the advice of some helpful posters to the ng I tried to back

    up
    > > some of my dvd films using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink.
    > >
    > > Both programs copy the movies ok but when I play them back every movie

    keeps
    > > pausing itself for a second at a time or running slow. This only happens
    > > when about 3/4 the way through watching the movie.
    > >
    > > Is it something I am doing wrong?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Andy.
    > >

    > That sucks. if you give up on trying to make the two programs work
    > together, just go for 123 Copy. It's pretty hard to screw up.

    Cheers Don, I might just try that.

    Andy.
    HandyAndy, Jul 9, 2004