    connections is always very low and doesnt connect a lot of the time (even
    when it does connect he can not watch news videos e.t.c as it is so slow) why
    is this can anyone help?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWRtYW4=?=, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Hi

    To watch video through Wireless you need fast stable Wireless, so if the
    Wireless is too weak (low bandwidth), and not stable, it will not work.

    Getting good stable Wireless depends on what type Wireless hardware you
    have, how it is configured, environmental electrical noise, and more.

    I cannot tell you any thing in particular since I know nothing about your
    specific system.

    In general.

    Wireless Hardware - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 29, 2007

  3. I have been having the same issues...
    I have found some improvement after reinstalling ot even better upgrading
    the driver for your PC's wireless card.

    Try resetting your router to factory settings and starting again.
    In addition check to see if your router has a firmware update available from
    the manufaturer... sometimes they address issues that have been found.

    With all the wireless networks out there it could be that someone in your
    range is using the same channel you are... try changing channels.
    The are a few free programs out the that will scan for wireless neworks and
    provide info about them such as signal strength, channel, etc.

    Try: Network Stumbler - http://www.netstumbler.com/

    Broadcom makes a large portion of the chipsets for wireless cards for
    manufacturers. If you find that your wirelees card is one download the
    updated driver which comes with a utility to detect wireless networks. It's
    free and it provides info on detectable wireless networks as well as address
    the broadcom
    exploit:

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=365

    download the driver and broadcom utility here:

    http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NE...S/BROADCOM-Wireless-802-11b-and-802-11g.shtml

    I have been able to minimize the issue, but as of yet have not found a total
    resolution. I have found that for some reason that corrupted drivers are
    still a major
    Microsoft issue... not matter how many letters they add after their latest
    operating
    systems... Vista... MisdYa.

    Hope this helps!
    Good luck :)